PDA

View Full Version : VOC Forum Stickers.

VenomS40
Sep 1st, 2011, 17:05
Are there any forum stickers floating about for this forum? I've been told there were some a while ago but cant seem to find any? I looked at the club shop and been told they no longer deal with VOC?

Any kind of help would be grateful if someone could source me some or just by showing me a picture of what they look like and sizes and I can get some made up for myself.

D5driver
Sep 1st, 2011, 17:29
If none are available, i can make some :-)

Toplights
Sep 1st, 2011, 17:31
There was some talk a while ago about getting some made up,i dont think anything came of it.I would buy some.I'v also tryed to get a VOC grill badge but no luck on that either.I live in hope.

VenomS40
Sep 2nd, 2011, 08:02
If none are available, i can make some :-)

If someone who has one can post up a picture of what the original forum stickers looked like along with some sizes then if you could make up a set I'd be very interested in buying some off you fella. :)

ewanc0
Sep 2nd, 2011, 08:40
I'd buy a couple as well

VenomS40
Sep 2nd, 2011, 09:51
I think perhaps this is something that needs to be looked into a little bit more as it seems there are people out there that are willing to buy some and this forum has nothing in the way of forum stickers to promote the forum and the club....??

ADMIN or OWNER!! Please read

D5driver
Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:13
There was some talk a while ago about getting some made up,i dont think anything came of it.I would buy some.I'v also tryed to get a VOC grill badge but no luck on that either.I live in hope.

I made up a prancing moose one for my grill badge in silver. I will go take a picture of it.

Toplights
Sep 2nd, 2011, 12:01
Hi D5driver,I can get that type of sticker from America,its the VOC grill badge i need, thanks anyway.Have a look here,you get them usually within the week.
http://www.davebarton.com/

VenomS40
Sep 5th, 2011, 07:40
Does anyone want to come up with some ideas and designs and we can go from there? I have a few ideas of what they can look like?

JimG
Sep 5th, 2011, 11:01
I think something like these.

Bear in mind I have no design knowledge, experience or programs.

So imagine the colours are Volvo colours and the fonts are Volvo fonts.

Toplights
Sep 5th, 2011, 13:08
I think the origional ideas muted about stickers was going to be for all VOF members Jim.I personally would like something like you posted(as a VOC member)on my grill.I'm not practiced at all in design programs,so cant post my ideas.There must be thousands of VOCF members out there, so it could be a profitable side line, for you graphics firms.Come on lads make our day.:wac_wink:

Kizzer
Sep 5th, 2011, 14:06
I currently have all the VOC Stickers. As the stock has been taken on In House, me and my Father have taken this on board.

Please PM me or email keiranpearce@aol.co.uk, or my Father Simon (Director) simonjordan2001@aol.com

mikealder
Sep 5th, 2011, 14:11
What about the 3" square metal badges that used to be available, I could do with two of those - Mike

Toplights
Sep 5th, 2011, 14:20
^^^^^^^^What Mike said.

Kizzer
Sep 5th, 2011, 14:21
What about the 3" square metal badges that used to be available, I could do with two of those - Mike

There will be part of the new VOC stock once we have them in.
Currently working on re stocking now its back in house, hope to be sorted soon

mikealder
Sep 5th, 2011, 14:30
Thanks for the info, look forwards to when they are available - Mike

christheancient
Sep 5th, 2011, 15:22
I think the origional ideas muted about stickers was going to be for all VOF members Jim.I personally would like something like you posted(as a VOC member)on my grill.I'm not practiced at all in design programs,so cant post my ideas.There must be thousands of VOCF members out there, so it could be a profitable side line, for you graphics firms.Come on lads make our day.:wac_wink:

Aaahhh! More my line this. The thoughts of a VOCF sticker rather than a pure VOC one.

s40rch
Sep 5th, 2011, 16:14
I currently have all the VOC Stickers. As the stock has been taken on In House, me and my Father have taken this on board.

Please PM me or email keiranpearce@aol.co.uk, or my Father Simon (Director) simonjordan2001@aol.com

Do you have any pictures of the stickers??

Ryan

Kizzer
Sep 5th, 2011, 16:30
Do you have any pictures of the stickers??

Ryan

Will get one uploaded for you

JimG
Sep 5th, 2011, 17:31
How about something like these?

Again, please forgive the amateur designs, but you get the idea.

Libra
Sep 5th, 2011, 18:13
I believe the VOC stickers are rectangle in shape and are golden yellow with dark blue text reading something like:

Volvo Owners Club
www.volvoforums.org.uk

VenomS40
Sep 5th, 2011, 18:48
If you can get some of the stickers posted up to have a look at I'm defo interested in taking a couple off you! :D

minesa240x3
Sep 5th, 2011, 23:06
OK well heres my poor attempt at photographing my two stickers. Yeah I know the quality is poor but it should give you some idea.The round one is a nice dark blue colour and the strip one is yellow.I think they can be got in different colours.Somewhere I have a square metal one but can't find it just now.
Regards Brian.

VenomS40
Sep 6th, 2011, 13:47
I was thinking a modern take on the old VOC logo. Using just the piped outline of the logo but with the blue band and while lettering wing saying VOLVO and then hollow piping letters with 'owners' club flowing the lower circle. Pretty much the same as the original logo but with a modern take of the current Volvo badge?

And then have in white letters with no background 'volvoforums.org.uk'

I don’t have Photoshop so you’re going to have to use your imaginations with this one sorry lol.

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr82/SoloXalio/Publication1.jpg

Kizzer
Sep 6th, 2011, 14:03
As the pic if uploaded I won't upload mine. Thanks minesa240x3.

We still have around 8-900 left. Also Volvo support our club and we do not wish to get into any conflict with copyright. They approve of the logos and stickers we currently use

VenomS40
Sep 6th, 2011, 14:11
Does the yellow come only in 22cm x 5cm? I was looking for something a little smaller and a little discrete?

andy_d
Sep 6th, 2011, 14:12
pehaps we shouldnt reinvent the wheel if theres a fair few left, give it a bit till the shop re-opens, then nab those ones ?

Kizzer
Sep 7th, 2011, 12:46
Does the yellow come only in 22cm x 5cm? I was looking for something a little smaller and a little discrete?

Yes these are the only size these come in

T240
Oct 13th, 2011, 00:54
Hi,

About the VOC stickers, please could you tell me what's available, how much they are inc postage, and where we get them from.

Would particularly like a replacement for the blue/white/gold roundel I rescued from the remnants of the old back window in the 240, but will take whatever I can get :)

Cheers,

T

christheancient
Oct 13th, 2011, 09:15
IIRC, the first post was about Volvo forum stickers; whereas most of the subsequent posts have been about Volvo Owners Club stickers.

How many of those pleading for VOC stickers are actually club members?

Just a thought.

Added edit for clarification... Many people are fourumites without being members of the VOC!

JimG
Oct 13th, 2011, 09:18
I am a member of the Volvo Owners Club Forum, so I would like a Volvo Owners Club Forum sticker.

Toplights
Oct 13th, 2011, 19:13
Here here,Jim there are plenty of VOC stickers but what is needed, is a badge that anyone using the VOCF, can use with pride.

Andy Northface
Oct 13th, 2011, 19:15
Here here,Jim there are plenty of VOC stickers but what is needed, is a badge that anyone using the VOCF, can use with pride.

That is the sticker I want although joining the VOC is on the cards in the New Year. :)

JamesV70R
Oct 13th, 2011, 19:21
Easiest solution is for forum users to just join the VOC - Then they can get as many stickers as they want ... ;)

Go on, join us. We have cookies!

Andy Northface
Oct 13th, 2011, 19:27
Easiest solution is for forum users to just join the VOC - Then they can get as many stickers as they want ... ;)

Go on, join us. We have cookies!

Villan,can you not remember someone had actually made his own VOCF sticker for his car? I have been all over trying to find it. It is just the letter " V",but looks really good? Also my name will turn blue in the New Year! Once I've paid for Christmas. :(

JamesV70R
Oct 13th, 2011, 19:34
Villan,can you not remember someone had actually made his own VOCF sticker for his car? I have been all over trying to find it. It is just the letter " V",but looks really good? Also my name will turn blue in the New Year! Once I've paid for Christmas. :(

It rings a bell .. can't remember where though!! And glad to hear it .. I'll have the Chef make a fresh batch for you. White or Dark chocolate drops?

Toplights
Oct 13th, 2011, 19:43
Villan,i know your comment was made tongue in cheek,but there must be hundreds maybe thousands of VOCF members who dont want to join VOC,some of them most informative contributors,we would be lost without them.I think a VOCF members badge is essential to all of us who use it VOC and VOCF members alike.

Andy Northface
Oct 13th, 2011, 19:45
It rings a bell .. can't remember where though!! And glad to hear it .. I'll have the Chef make a fresh batch for you. White or Dark chocolate drops?

White please! with extra sprinkles! :)

JamesV70R
Oct 13th, 2011, 19:47
Villan,i know your comment was made tongue in cheek,but there must be hundreds maybe thousands of VOCF members who dont want to join VOC,some of them most informative contributors,we would be lost without them.I think a VOCF members badge is essential to all of us who use it VOC and VOCF members alike.

Hurrah! Someone picked up on the tongue in cheek-ness! :thumbs_up:

I was expecting a row to break out, with people storming off an refusing to post any more because they aren't seen as wholesome members of the community .. ya-de-ya.

T240
Oct 13th, 2011, 20:15
Hurrah! Someone picked up on the tongue in cheek-ness! :thumbs_up:

I was expecting a row to break out, with people storming off an refusing to post any more because they aren't seen as wholesome members of the community .. ya-de-ya.

I almost thought you were serious, and getting pi$$y like some other folks - no names, no pack drill.

Personally, for those folks, I would say even if you're not a VOC member, and you want to display the badge in your window, it still shows a sense of community/belonging; besides, some people just aren't 'clubbable' - and some others may not be able to afford the membership, or see it as money they could spend on the car, etc.

Cheers,

T

craigblues
Oct 25th, 2011, 12:20
So has something been sorted on the stickers/decals?

As I am happy to come up with some designs and supply them. :-)

christheancient
Oct 25th, 2011, 14:27
I think I saw the idea somewhere in the forum. If I did, please forgive the repetition and blame it on my still feeling a bit 'iffy' from being in hospital.

If I imagined it all, how about a rear screen (and front?) sticker of the the forum banner? I'd have it in my back window!

Toplights
Oct 25th, 2011, 14:45
I recon thats just the job Chris,and will cater for all.come on you sticker makers, i want one.Please make shure it sticks to the rear screen from the inside of the car,and is minus the date ect info thats on the bottom line.

JamesV70R
Oct 25th, 2011, 16:10
The date info is put there by the forum software to show the upload date of the image - its not actually part of the image.

Colin Wilson
Oct 25th, 2011, 20:55
Hey Buddy:thumbs_up:They look good well done, I'd buy one no messin.

craigblues
Nov 1st, 2011, 12:21
I'm going to come up with some ideas for decals and possibly some polo shirts or t-shirts for the forum.

Sound good?

JamesV70R
Nov 1st, 2011, 21:04
Before anyone goes making anything, check with both the VOC Directors (Or whoever made the Forum header!), and most likely Volvo Cars to make sure its OK to the the Volvo Logo on clothing / stickers etc.

craigblues
Nov 1st, 2011, 21:10
Messaged them but yet to receive a reply. I will make some items based around the logo but not using it in the meantime.

JamesV70R
Nov 1st, 2011, 21:17
Awesome - Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

T4Rick
Nov 1st, 2011, 21:38
I would like a sticker if there some going round:thumbs_up:

ewanc0
Nov 1st, 2011, 21:59
I think someone in authority here needs to make a decision on this. There are plenty of people willing to design a sticker so i think someone needs to take this in hand and get the ball rolling

Wiznae
Nov 2nd, 2011, 18:56
I think something like these.

Bear in mind I have no design knowledge, experience or programs.

So imagine the colours are Volvo colours and the fonts are Volvo fonts.

I think either of these are great - i would certainly buy a couple

craigblues
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:47
Morning Everyone!

Right well here is an initial design. Thoughts?

Also I am hoping to come up with some funny slogans, suggestions welcome.

http://www.monkeycustard.co.uk/images/volvodecals1.png

RXS
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:49
Morning Everyone!

Right well here is an initial design. Thoughts?

Also I am hoping to come up with some funny slogans, suggestions welcome.

http://www.monkeycustard.co.uk/images/volvodecals1.png

put me down for one :thumbs_up:

craigblues
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:56
They will be in a number of sizes and colours. I will most likely place them directly on my website in due time. :-)

All additional wants and ideas are welcome also.

grin factor
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:18
Looks good to me. I'd have 1 for the rear window.
What sizes are you doing?

craigblues
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:25
Looks good to me. I'd have 1 for the rear window.
What sizes are you doing?

I'm open to suggestions. :thumbs_up:

93240se
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:50
I'm open to suggestions. :thumbs_up:

A suggestion - join the VOC and put one of their stickers in your window !

Regards, Richard.

craigblues
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:54
A suggestion - join the VOC and put one of their stickers in your window !

Regards, Richard.

Richard,

I am a member, I'm offering additional decals or variants for other members.

I have contacted VOC about this.

93240se
Feb 20th, 2012, 13:03
Richard,

I am a member, I'm offering additional decals or variants for other members.

I have contacted VOC about this.

Craig, change your user ID to show that you are a member !

Regards, Richard.

craigblues
Feb 20th, 2012, 13:12
Craig, change your user ID to show that you are a member !

Regards, Richard.

:thumbs_up:

JimG
Feb 20th, 2012, 20:13
Why the animosity toward non-members Richard?

I'm not a club member, am I allowed a forum sticker?

Andy Northface
Feb 20th, 2012, 20:26
I'm not a club member, am I allowed a forum sticker?

Of course you would be,why shouldn't you.

I am a member,but I want a forum sticker,not the VOC sticker. No malice intended either. The help I have had from members AND NON-MEMBERS has been superb. Long may it continue.

VND
Feb 20th, 2012, 20:45
Put me down for one too. Look great!

JimG
Feb 20th, 2012, 20:50
Of course you would be,why shouldn't you.

I am a member,but I want a forum sticker,not the VOC sticker. No malice intended either. The help I have had from members AND NON-MEMBERS has been superb. Long may it continue.

I completely agree Andy, this is a great forum with lots of really helpful people. Every now and again though there seems to be an undertone in a comment that makes me, as a non-member, feel unwelcome.

I'm probably being over sensitive to Richards post, sleep deprivation due to a 2 week old baby will do that! No offence intended toward anyone. :thumbs_up:

golly
Feb 20th, 2012, 21:01
put me down for one :thumbs_up:

put me down for a couple:thumbs_up:

minesa240x3
Feb 20th, 2012, 21:46
Well I for one like these new designs and really feel you should be able to buy owners club ones or forums members variants.Lets really promote this club and forum.
But as this site is owned and run by individuals who have to ask for permission to use the genuine volvo logo then until someone from the top actually bothers to respond perhaps it would cause trouble to start printing and supplying them?.
Ok fine if you don't care what happens to the club members or the heads but without iether the club will cease to exhist.

Please don't take this as being anything more than information.I always try to promote the club and forum and really wish it seemed to be one big item.Unfortuneatley it's not.It consists of Members and non members who are forum users(guests).I love them all.
And no I couldn't care less if your names blue or not.I have fought long and hard with others to allow "non members"to be able to park thier cars at the BKV's with all the members cars.No distinction.We have progressed in the fact all members cars can be on show but non show cars on one side and show cars on the other,Better than how it used to be.Non show cars in the car park.
I just pop a note in the window "DO NOT JUDGE"

Many Thanks Brian.

Come on management lets get in the groove.

Andy Northface
Feb 20th, 2012, 22:20
Well said Brian.:thumbs_up:

93240se
Feb 21st, 2012, 18:20
No animosity towards non members intended, Craig asked for suggestions and I made one.
If Craig is a member perhaps he should make it clear on his ID.
That said, for the cost of half a tankfull of fuel VOC annual membership is not, I would have thought, beyond the means of most people who can afford to run any car these days.

Regards, Richard.

VenomS40
Mar 15th, 2012, 20:08
Craig, Like the look of the forum badge there, Put me down for some when/if they are ready please :)

On another note, I saw someone done a forum banner to be made as a sticker. Since the new banner has changed and I think it looks better than the old one, would there be any chance of making thises into a small rear window sticker but just add the forum URL under the 'The forum of the volvo owners club'?

silvicontact
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:47
you can put me down for one once are ready

BlAdEAnGeL
Mar 18th, 2012, 21:08
Just made this one in Photoshop.... (linking to it as it is a rather larger picture)

http://oi41.tinypic.com/zskc2d.jpg

Chris Wickers
Mar 18th, 2012, 21:19
Logos are a very difficult matter.

The VOC has its logo, and this is accepted and approved by Volvo. Although I was not part of the board at the time, I understand it was a very major issue, and actually resulted in 2 Club Officials having to go to Gothenburg to argue the case and get it approved.

I had hoped that we could perhaps modify/change the logo slightly due to the fact that the Club is 50 years old this year.

Unfortunately I cannot get permission to do so which is why we are using the already agreed logo and have just put '50th Anniversary' underneath it.

As far as I am aware there is not an issue with for example a 'www.volvoforums.org.uk' sticker, however incorporating any type of Volvo logo which in any way resembles theirs will probably raise issues and be immediately rejected. I also understand from the thread that some forum members do not want the VOC logo on it. Personally I am all for promoting the Forum and the VOC.

Having just now gone back right through the thread it would appear that it would have been helpul had I or my colleagues responded sooner explaing the situation as we understand it. I am sorry that this did not happen and that I have not seen/replied to the thread until now. If anyone has any queries of any type (not just stickers) which we can help with then please feel free to email me or any of my colleagues.

For what its worth I personally like some of the suggestions in this thread, and also some of the logos which were suggested for the Club's 50th. However I also acknowledge that any company will want to protect its logo.

Kind regards

Chris