PDA

View Full Version : what Volvo?

mgs
Sep 2nd, 2011, 21:19
thinking of buying a run about. Have had a 240 petrol estate many years ago, nice basic engine to work on i.e. it had twin carbs. I would like a lot of advice because a would like a newer version but I want it to have carbs and no electric sensors anywhere, so I dont have to put it on a garages laptop to tell me that a sensors has failed. Seems to be that all new cars are to complicated for their own good, to many sensitive parts costing the earth always going wrong. thanks mike.

david philips
Sep 2nd, 2011, 21:46
hi, if you are looking for something easy to work on with as few electric bits then i would advise you to go for a rear wheel drive like your last one the best if you can get one would be a 700 or 900 diesel ,good luck in finding a runabout and hopefully to volvo.

radiomark
Sep 2nd, 2011, 21:53
the later 240's had injection and various sensors but you dont need to have a laptop or garage diagnose any problems.same with 740 and 940

ruffday
Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:12
To be honest most cars from 1990 onwards have loads of sensors and electrickery to contend with.
As said above you may be as well going for an early diesel.

Milky400
Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:41
Bite the bullet and get yourself a T4, cheap, reliable, economical and would be great for bombing around the Moor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!