PDA

View Full Version : tuning box

scr8pdo
Sep 6th, 2011, 15:38
I have been offered something very similar to this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-VOLVO-S70-1-9-TDI-103kW-140BHP-35BHP-/260784760283?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb7fba5db#ht_5622wt_1139

I wondered what anyone thought? Anyone ever had one, I was assured it will make a big difference to the power of my TDi and I remeber a member on here a while back having one on his car and it went like a stabbed rat.

Does anyone know how these actually work?
Do they just overfuel the engine etc?

outnumbered
Sep 6th, 2011, 15:40
had one fittd to the 850 tdi and as you say it goes like a stabbed rat it does get rid of the turbo lag but all it does is put extra fuel in long term maybe damage short term fun factor.
mike

JamesV70R
Sep 6th, 2011, 16:17
I like the way it claims to make your gear changes smoother ...

scr8pdo
Sep 6th, 2011, 16:31
I like the way it claims to make your gear changes smoother ...

LOL mines Auto!

Thanatos
Sep 7th, 2011, 07:33
The majority of the chip fool the engine into thinking that is colder than what it is which then puts more fuel in used to run these on the company cars as they make a marginal difference if driving round town but if your hammering it on the mway you will notice some difference.

Also I found if you used normal diesel no difference apart from mil came on if i filled up the bp ultimate the car then drove better but using shell I wouldn't even get off the forecourt before the mil was on.

Eventually took them off as it was a pain as long term trim was out and you used to get p0130 air temp sensor fault on the vw

scr8pdo
Sep 7th, 2011, 12:36
Who would do a proper remap for my TDi?? Price??

Speedy
Sep 7th, 2011, 14:06
I wish the tuners would do a 2 for 1 or 1/2 price offer. I previously had a Golf and got it chipped via CustomCode. On the MK4 forum they ran an offer that if you signed up with another forum member they would do the chip/remap at half price. It only ran for 2 days and it was an overwhelming success for both trader and forum members....................

Wouldn't you get yours done at 1/2 price.

Steve.