PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a Dave Glasgow?

SIAMBLUE
Sep 8th, 2011, 17:49
He lives in the borders, I have bought 2 tyres off of him, he stated they were 205 50 16 Contis, with 5 to 6mm of tread and a W rating.
I have just unwrapped them and one has a split around the sidewall, about 8" long, one is a w rated the other a v and both have 3-4mm of tread on them.

I am not happy at all.

Oh and he is breaking a Gold V40, so beware if you buy any parts from him.

Gary.

brodgar
Sep 8th, 2011, 18:02
bought here on the forum??/ or ebay???

SIAMBLUE
Sep 8th, 2011, 18:03
On the internet, but not on ebay.

Gary.

gmain1967
Sep 8th, 2011, 18:25
Hate to say it but think you've been conned. There are only 3 "Glasgows" listed in the phonebook in the whole of the Borders, and none are initial "D". Any idea where - the one's listed are over by Eddleston/West Linton?

I know the feeling - I bought set of Team Dynamics alloys off a new forum member about a year ago that had "good tyres". The tread vanished almost as quickly as the new member from the forum....

david philips
Sep 8th, 2011, 19:08
hi i dont know or want to know dave glasgow if that is his real name,and i hate con men like this that take avantage of someones good nature,it is bad when you loose money for tyres it would have been a lot worse if you had bought a car of him.

Andy Northface
Sep 8th, 2011, 19:18
hi i dont know or want to know dave glasgow if that is his real name,and i hate con men like this that take avantage of someones good nature,it is bad when you loose money for tyres it would have been a lot worse if you had bought a car of him.

Bang on mate!:thumbs_up:
I hate people who stitch others up.They want their balls removed! I really hope someone knows this character and he gets what he deserves!

lance1a
Sep 9th, 2011, 11:15
I recently bought an E30 BMW to restore. Listing had it as a 320i manual. Looked clean enough so I emailed the guy and ended up buying it (off Ebay though). Driving back from north I sensed something was not quite right but couldn't put my finger on it. I get home and enter the Vin into RealOem only for it to tell me the car was a LHD Belgian Automatic. Sure enough there was a patch over where the LHD steering column would have been. To make matters worse...when they extended the main wiring harness from left to right they never included all the break-outs, so I had to trace which ones were missing (Tacho, MPG meter, Service board, all interior background illumination, rhd door mirror control etc etc) make up a harness and wire everything back in.
I also had to change the main beams as they were still LHD and the exterior mirrors as though they appeared similar the adjustmen range was not enough to compensate for the difference in angle.

I didn't pay much for the car, but since the guy has owned it for 5 years I think it's safe to say he knew of the history. I've also had to change the cluster as the Si batteries popped and ate the PC boards.

What a con.......