PDA

View Full Version : ABS/TCS Grinding Noise UPDATE

The Hooded Claw
Sep 11th, 2011, 15:53
There have been quite a few Posts recently ref an "ODD" noise from Wheels & Things They sound (From my interpretation) to be "Similar" to my "Grinding Noise" in my earlier thread Here >>>>>http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=131451

I'm STILL seeking a replacement Pump, But, Yesterday I had an Epiphany !!... As I said in that thread to stop the Grinding Noise I removed the ABS Fuse, (Proving Conclusively that its a Fault with the ABS Pump, now that resulted in me losing my Speedo Odometer & having various lights illuminated on the dash..... NOT GOOD but better than Grinding the ABS pump to Shreads

So, Yesterday I'm Driving home & was sitting at some Temporary Lights fer what seemed like AGES, as you do yer just looking about & Twiddling with things (Buttons, Windows, Radio Ect ect) & My Eyes fell on my TCS Button & I got to thinking if I replace the fuse & then Switch off the TCS I wonder if the Grinding Noise will stop ????

Reaching home I Wolfed down me tea & Shot outside to test my Theory...

A. IN went the Fuse..
B. I sets off Driving
C. Grinding noise appears at first Left turn
D. Stops Car & Switches off the TCS Button
E. I Sets off Driving
F. Does Several Left Turns (NO GRINDING NOISE!!!!)
G. Speedo Working Fine & All me lights are functioning correctly ...

So, For Reference, if you experience a "ODD" Noise like a "Metal Rubbing" TURN OFF yer TCS Button & see if it goes away .... That will prove you have a defective ABS Pump!!!!

Will update when I get my replacement

Keith

Cyprusbob
Oct 11th, 2011, 11:53
Thanks for the update, but my awd does not have a trac switch, and the tracs light is on when I pull the fuse out.
On another thread it suggests because I have an awd the pump needs to be fixed or a new pump will have to be "programmed" and that only the dealer can do.
Any thought on this......perhaps another epiphony....lol

Ryangordon86
Oct 11th, 2011, 13:17
I have a few new ABS pumps. I'll check and see what kind I have in

The Hooded Claw
Oct 11th, 2011, 14:52
I have a few new ABS pumps. I'll check and see what kind I have in

Cheers Mate I'll get you the Number off the old one & E-Mail up to you ... THANKS for the Help

Keith

acshortt5
Oct 11th, 2011, 15:31
Cheers Mate I'll get you the Number off the old one & E-Mail up to you ... THANKS for the Help

Keith

I have a ABS pump sat in the garage. It came with an ECU that I wanted so I have no need of the pump. It was sold to me in good condition and the ECU works but as I have no first hand experience of the pump working you can have it for gratis. I think the part number is 9157654B (came off a 2wd car with tracs). Let me know and I'll chuck it in the boot if you are going to the meet on Sunday.