PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick Q about spotlamps

Volvon
Sep 11th, 2011, 18:34
Do they wire into the main beam so come on with main beam, or are they on a separate circuit and have their own switch? It's that time of year again and my HID's just don't cut the mustard at midnight driving through the pitch black forest.

Main might be easier then you won't forget to turn them off..Anyone with spotties have an opinion on what is the best setup for them?

stevo48
Sep 11th, 2011, 18:42
As far as I am aware here in the UK they have to be wired to a seperate switch have a visible dash warning light and can only be used in adverse conditions, the law may be different in your country.

Leeds Lad
Sep 11th, 2011, 18:43
Use a relay with the feed from your main beam, so that you don't forget to turn them off.
Get a standard relay, use the feed from your main beam and the other side of the windings to earth.
Get a heavy battery feed to the input side of the relay and then run the wires from he output switching side to the spots.
From memory 85 - 86 are the windings and 30 is the input and 87 - are the outputs to the spots.
I don't have a relay to hand to confirm this, but this is the best way of wiring spots.