PDA

View Full Version : Body/Trim: - Door card removal

bobbobson
Sep 13th, 2011, 09:36
Hi

What tool do I need to remove the door cards from new model S80? There appears to be no easy way to get them off/no visible screws.

Any help would be brilliant.

Thanks v. much

Bill Edmondson
Sep 13th, 2011, 09:54
Don't know for definite but there will most likely be screws behind the speaker grill, under the door handle etc then it will be poppers on sides and bottom, then lift and off. That was my 850 door years back

bobbobson
Sep 13th, 2011, 10:01
I've tried sliding a blunt knife between the painted surfact and the card itself, and there does appear to be something holding it on around the edges. Is there any nack to removing the poppers without breaking them? I would imagine these are very easy to break.

Thanks

Bill Edmondson
Sep 13th, 2011, 10:05
what I remember is 6 out of 8 will be fine, 1 will break, 1 will be already broken. They cost pence, so you could pre-empt and get a couple from volvo or suck it and see.
oh and if you have a triangle of plastic on top of the door card were a speaker might sit that will have to come off too so the card can slide up past it.

bobbobson
Sep 13th, 2011, 10:42
Yep, I think I'll take your advice and get some spares. Also some interior trim clips for the boot lining - some appear broken already.

Just to be clear, in order to 'pop' these out, does the trim need to be prised away from the door?

Bill Edmondson
Sep 13th, 2011, 10:50
yes on mine they did, straight back, they are were a white triangle that collapses into there receptacle. They do though often need to be tugged rather than prized off.

Gazdok
Sep 14th, 2011, 23:19
The centre of the rivets needs to be pushed in and the rivet can then easily be pulled out. There will be a screw for the handle and then you lift the card up and off.
Then remove the connectors forthe speakers and controls.

The rivets can be used again. The middle bit is caught inside the back part which can be removed.