PDA

View Full Version : Brake Q...

GazW
Sep 16th, 2011, 10:04
Hi all, a quick few Q's, have just ordered 4 new discs and pads for my 57 C70 T5, all I need to know is what size allen keys? ( I use imperial with my job) and also, why can't I pick up AM Radio? It's an SE Lux, quite like listening to radio 5 Live, I get no AM whatsoever, ho hum, cheers :)

VenomS40
Sep 16th, 2011, 10:18
If you press the AM/FM button on the headunit you get FM1 FM2 and AM1. You change between these by pressing the AM/FM button. If you've done this and its a case of not getting anything at all then I think its wise to get the dealers to have a look or a local garage.

Metblackrat
Sep 16th, 2011, 10:21
If it is the same as the S40 then you need a 7mm allen key.

GazW
Sep 16th, 2011, 10:30
7mm? Thank you v much! As for the radio, it picks up no AM signal but I don't want to place it in the hands of a dealer's paws to recieve a massive bill. Just wondered if anyone else had the same prob, thank you tho :)

Metblackrat
Sep 16th, 2011, 10:46
7mm? Thank you v much! You won't find one in a standard set. I bought a 7mm allen socket for about £2 from Halfords.

Bigmunkynutz
Sep 16th, 2011, 14:07
You won't find one in a standard set. I bought a 7mm allen socket for about £2 from Halfords.

Ditto although I got the whole set of 8 or 10 for about £12 figure there was more chance I'd use them than the one 7mm every 20-30k miles

GazW
Sep 23rd, 2011, 08:55
Hi again, hit a problem with the rear brakes, I can turn the piston but it won't retract. I'm guessing I have to loosen the handbrake cable, but don't know where to slacken the tension. Any ideas? Thanks

Metblackrat
Sep 23rd, 2011, 15:10
Hi again, hit a problem with the rear brakes, I can turn the piston but it won't retract. I'm guessing I have to loosen the handbrake cable, but don't know where to slacken the tension. Any ideas? Thanks

The adjuster is under the gaiter surrounding the lever. The piston is threaded so if its turning then it should retract. You are using a caliper retraction tool aren't you?.

GazW
Sep 23rd, 2011, 19:02
There is no Gaiter, it's a 57, 2008 (Jan) model.