PDA

View Full Version : Spam Email from the forums

James_N
Sep 19th, 2011, 09:19
Hi

Thought this would get more exposure here, but ive recieved this email from someone here:

Subject Line: Is me judy from www.volvoforums.org.uk

To: judycares9@yahoo.com

Hello sweetie

My name is Judy, i am 25yrs old, i'm a free minded, open hearted girl, i like to take life as easy as i could, i'm one of the few that still believes in friendship,love, trust and signs,it will be my sincere pleasure to be your friend if you don't mind, i hope you will not take my request for granted, feel free to email me at my private email address,(judycares9@yahoo.com) i look forward to hear from you soon.
Take care.

Judy.
--
ONE – Официјален спонзор на Македонската кошарка
www.vklucise.mk

anyone had similar?

Thanks
James

SonyVaio
Sep 19th, 2011, 10:26
Sounds like she's taken a fancy to you??

Have you emailed back? LoL...

Nope she's not been in touch with me the Russian Con Artist Witch!!

:star-wars-smiley-01

tt82
Sep 19th, 2011, 10:37
see http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=134348

kebab10
Sep 19th, 2011, 14:37
I checked my hotmail account the other day, dont do it that often; and found that every single email was spam or scamming. From Banks i have never had an account with, the National Lottery and surprisingly from Paypal informing me that something I sold to someone with 3 different logins may be dodgy!
At least the Hotmail types had quarantined them as they thought they were suspicious. All went in the bin. The Lottery ones were advising I had one and to supply my bank details. Strange!!!!

The Paypal ones had a blokes name as the email address such as george1955,
george1978 and george1965! doesnt he know when he was born!

Internet is full of rogues so you have to be careful.

CTCNetwork
Sep 19th, 2011, 20:53
Hi,

As posted elsewhere:
Hi,

I suspect that "Judy" has scanned some members profiles and found that they can download a vCard with contact details.

Check your profiles in User CP -> Settings & Options -> Edit Options and uncheck the "allow vCard download.

This has been turned off for all new members for a while now (by default) but longer standing members may wish to turn this feature off.

Des. . . ;)

Des. . . ;)

steve howes
Sep 19th, 2011, 21:31
i got a spam e mail from judy ,have edited my profile,thanks des :thumbs_up: