PDA

View Full Version : I love these Volvos

galloot633
Sep 20th, 2011, 13:56
Now I have a sheltered life regarding cars these days , my last non-volvo was in 1986 ! but are other makes this good ? Ive just fitted a volvo fixed tow bar I bought of ebay , but I needed the electrical harness , so I went round to warrington Volvo and ordered one, I was given 5% discount straight away , didnt have to pay up front ( I know some other manufacturers do ) and i could colect it next day for 17 QUID , ( I had the trailer module ) the lot included instructions, tie wraps , fuses and the harness with plugs and a grommet where it enters the floor , fitted perfectly and worked straight away , all I need now is a trailer ! would audi, bmw or mercedes given such value for money ?
dave

caveman_returns
Sep 20th, 2011, 14:19
Renault certainly wouldn't, the '98 Espace I bought after I sold my 945 Celebration was nowhere near the quality of my old '90 745 I bought 10 years ago.
The parts prices are ridiculously high, I had to pay up front for any parts bought through a main stealer and the Renault forum was rubbish.

andy_d
Sep 20th, 2011, 14:44
cant speak from experiance dave, but mr next doors son has/had one of those renault mpv things,, diesiesils turbo job. The turbo went so he pops to the main dealer expecting the worse £ wise, and got told "naw mate we wont do one of those too much of a pain in the ears job,your best off scrapping it"
all he wanted was the Price / avaliablity of the part/parts to fix it himself.

they Very reluctantly ordered it for him, full payment upfront before they would order it, and "be a few days, maybe early next week theres non in the uk". this on a £580+vat part...

personally being able to Phone the local main dealer, order the part, then pop over at Worse the next working day to pay and collect is Spot on. before now ive rung then at 10am and been told "be here for you by 3pm same day",,

doingitsideways
Sep 22nd, 2011, 21:44
Went to Rybrook Volvo in Warrington today (same as OP I presume)

After a load of ringing round Euro Parts and the like, turns out Genuine was cheapest!!

I got a set of front pads for the 940 @ 31.00 inc and a set of the dreaded handbrake shoes for the S80 @ £22.odd...

To say the least, I was pleasantly surprised!!

Brought back down to earth with a BUMP though when they also charged me £4.50 each for a shoe retaining spring and there are 4 of them... Oh, and "There's no such thing as a cleaning disc for the RTI system Sir, it must just be broken... Blah, blah, blah... We can supply you with a new one if you like for £1600 + vat & fitting!!!!

Needless to say, I told him to stic it up his ar5e!!

What a shame, to ruin such a good experience.

Steve :thumbs_up:

galloot633
Sep 22nd, 2011, 22:00
it does seem a bit of a lottery when it comes to dealer pricing , I do whince as they read the price off the screen expecting the worst ! but for consumables they were always cheaper than my local motor factor
dave