PDA

View Full Version : Really fed up now

Andy Northface
Sep 27th, 2011, 15:37
I don't know what it is but over the last couple of years the local planks where I live have given up their Corsa's and such like and are now driving around in turbo diesel cars.You might think they are concerned with economy? Oh no.They muck about with it somehow so it goes ike a rocket along our street bellowing thick black smoke that the Bismark would have been proud of and their engines sound horrendous!!

One of them got a lovely Golf with the massive factory alloys and it looked the business,but now it sounds like a tractor and is absolutely spewing smoke and he is bragging about it to his pals about how quick it is!! Also they stink! I have nowt against diesel cars but why muck about with them to this extent and are they any quicker?

Thoughts please.

andy72
Sep 27th, 2011, 15:42
they are just picking up on the shift toward TD cars.

The can be made to go stupidly quick and leave a lot of petrol cars behind. The old petrol is more powerful thing just isnt true anymore.

Spend £300 on a plug and play tuning box and for eg, my Vectra went from 150bhp to 190bhp which a big increase in torque. The boxes literally plug in between the fuel rail and ecu using manufacturers clips

The downside is they work by pumping more fuel into the bores so if you turn them up too much, you get lots of unburnt fuel in the bores which results in the black smoke. It eventually knacks the engine so getting them set right is best

Milky400
Sep 27th, 2011, 15:43
cheaper to insure maybe? i would also imagine you can squeeze alot more power out of them than your Nova SRI

You right, they do B L O O D Y stink

JamesV70R
Sep 27th, 2011, 15:44
Perhaps they are setting up for something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfrqtZpkJGs

Milky400
Sep 27th, 2011, 15:52
brilliant, just spat my apple all over the key board

david philips
Sep 27th, 2011, 15:53
best leave them alone just keep pets and kids away from them.they will still be playing with there toy cars in years to come,the authouritys who are very good at giveing out points to the ones who use there cars for boreing things like shoppping and goeing to work will get round to them in there own time. :car:

Andy Northface
Sep 27th, 2011, 16:17
Villan,That's exactly what the smoke is like! :)

Toplights
Sep 27th, 2011, 16:24
David is right Andy, sooner or more probably later, old bill WILL get round to em.

kebab10
Sep 27th, 2011, 16:26
Young lads at work in the RAF, they are all buying Golf TDI, or Focus with TD engines so as they can do this now. And yes, they arre cheaper to insure for them all under 25.

weble
Sep 27th, 2011, 16:49
Nowt wrong with rollin' a bit of coal! Haters will always hate!

Kinda makes me want to keep my Sierra!

Daim
Sep 27th, 2011, 17:10
I've never liked diesels...

And I never liked little twerps who will simply increase the fuel flow to gain power...

andy_d
Sep 27th, 2011, 17:16
the "tweak the fuel pump so it goes faster",, shows what morons they are
buy a satan fueled abomination ,,cos its cheaper innit
whop the fuel pump way up so its spewing black crap out the back "cos its cool innit" and spend more of there benifits on fuel...

truely brain dead

with luck andy , come the 1st bit of ice/snow they will write there cars off due to being dead from the neck up,, and hopefully themselves while they are at it

thealchemyst
Sep 27th, 2011, 17:16
midrange torque on modern tdi's is silly and with a bit of chip tuning will p!55 on most petrol engines of similar spec, ( well till you get up to silly speeds anyway!) as a quick example a few years back a car mag did a back to back test with two golfs a gti 1.8 petrol turbo and a gti pdi150 both running around 150bhp with a few simple mods eg exhaust filter and a remap they were both up around the 200 bhp mark BUT the petrol engine was making around 200lbft of torque where as the diesel was pumping out around 360 lbft !!! and the diesel was still much better on fuel and cheaper to insure.

thealchemyst
Sep 27th, 2011, 17:21
as an aside there used to be a seat cupra deisel around where i lived that used too think it was quick and to be fair if he nailed it you couldnt keep up, not because he WAS fast just that the huge black smog cloud that erupted out of the back of him made an incredibly effective smoke screen and you couldnt see to follow and if you made the mistake of actually getting close then you ended up breathing the stuff in even with the windows closed!

Andy Northface
Sep 27th, 2011, 17:24
Nothing wrong with proper tuning,but I don't think that's what they have done. As I said the Golf sounds very rough,as if the bottom end has gone.it really sounds like an old taxi!

Daim
Sep 27th, 2011, 18:02
Nothing wrong with proper tuning,but I don't think that's what they have done. As I said the Golf sounds very rough,as if the bottom end has gone.it really sounds like an old taxi!

Hmm, maybe he wanted his friends to think, that he drove an old Nissan taxi diesel ;) They tend to sound better than any VW ;)

volvorocks
Sep 27th, 2011, 18:24
I don't know what it is but over the last couple of years the local planks where I live have given up their Corsa's and such like and are now driving around in turbo diesel cars.You might think they are concerned with economy? Oh no.They muck about with it somehow so it goes ike a rocket along our street bellowing thick black smoke that the Bismark would have been proud of and their engines sound horrendous!!

One of them got a lovely Golf with the massive factory alloys and it looked the business,but now it sounds like a tractor and is absolutely spewing smoke and he is bragging about it to his pals about how quick it is!! Also they stink! I have nowt against diesel cars but why muck about with them to this extent and are they any quicker?

Thoughts please.

Drive a BMW 3 series diesel and then drive a new S60 petrol and I would say not only is the BMW quicker everywhere in the rev range but also quieter and more economical.

Diesels can take more tuning as they are stronger. Look at manufacturers that offer the same engine in different states of tuning and power with a simple software alteration.

Regards the morons in their corsa alternatives - get a stop stick and when they are belting down the road simply throw it in front of them from behind a parked car discreetly.

Problem solved.. :)

Regards

Diesel :liebe028:

Andy Northface
Sep 27th, 2011, 19:17
Yeah,I've got nowt against diesels whatsoever or tuning,its just the dopes who roar around my estate leaving clouds of stinking smoke behind.Surely a properly tuned diesel shouldn't smoke THAT bad? ( I mean people who spend money doing a proper job,not the idiots who just make it nosier and smellier ) :)

Thanatos
Sep 27th, 2011, 19:49
andy any properly tuned and looked after deisel wont smoke that bad you allways get a little as i did from my golf gttdi and that was quick and maintained

the scrotes that put the £5 chip to fool the engine will wnd up blowing them :)

Andy Northface
Sep 27th, 2011, 19:51
andy any properly tuned and looked after deisel wont smoke that bad you allways get a little as i did from my golf gttdi and that was quick and maintained

the scrotes that put the £5 chip to fool the engine will wnd up blowing them :)

Hope its soon then! :) :):thumbs_up:

andy_d
Sep 27th, 2011, 20:33
the "race" is on then ,, which will get the morons first ?

ice/snow
£5 ebay "supertunechip"

place ya bets folks....

tt82
Sep 28th, 2011, 07:19
Drive a BMW 3 series diesel and then drive a new S60 petrol and I would say not only is the BMW quicker everywhere in the rev range but also quieter and more economical.

Diesels can take more tuning as they are stronger. Look at manufacturers that offer the same engine in different states of tuning and power with a simple software alteration.

Regards the morons in their corsa alternatives - get a stop stick and when they are belting down the road simply throw it in front of them from behind a parked car discreetly.

Problem solved.. :)

Regards

Diesel :liebe028:

Don't you mean a spike strip?

I hate the damn Amercanism of everything English. It had a propper name until the yanks started using them and now the Brit tv police shows use the yank name. Grrrrrrrr. :mad:

volvorocks
Sep 28th, 2011, 09:27
Don't you mean a spike strip?

I hate the damn Amercanism of everything English. It had a propper name until the yanks started using them and now the Brit tv police shows use the yank name. Grrrrrrrr. :mad:

Maybe!!

Yes English seems to be "bar stewardised" these days..!!

BTW what is Amercanism??..;)

Prufrock
Sep 28th, 2011, 09:33
Do you recall what Churchill said of the Americans and us?

..."two great nations divided by a common language".

Enough said.

I am pro-American, have lived there and have met and know some really good people, but I do not like the Americanisation of our culture...or in fact in a strange way, and paradoxically, the de-Americanisation of theirs.

What I suppose I really resent is globalcorporationism (there, I think I've invented a word).

Prufrock.

Andy Northface
Sep 28th, 2011, 09:36

Enough said.

I am pro-American, have lived there and have met and know some really good people, but I do not like the Americanisation of our culture...or in fact in a strange way, and paradoxically, the de-Americanisation of theirs.

What I suppose I really resent is globalcorporationism (there, I think I've invented a word).

Prufrock.

I agree.:thumbs_up:

SonyVaio
Sep 28th, 2011, 10:04

Enough said.

Prufrock.

As long as we don't start using 'Z' instead of 'S' and start spelling things like colour wrong too I'll be happy. Haloween is almost no longer Haloween it is 'Trick or Treat' night.

I agree.:thumbs_up:

Andy, that is an Americanism as the Americans would agree. Here in England Land we concur! :lol:

:star-wars-smiley-01

Andy Northface
Sep 28th, 2011, 10:13
Ha ha,I'll remember that! I don't like the way the 5th year leaving disco (remember them ) Is now called "Prom"! Urgh!

andy_d
Sep 28th, 2011, 11:30
you can add me to the lists of "does not like septics" & "does not like septic wannabe soundalike twonks"

this is england,
its not "cool" to look like a criminal with trousers 1/2 way down your ass
caps are to be worn with the peak where it should be, at the FRONT ,
"ill sue you" for anything/everything ruined what little "culture" they had and its now destroying our
America is NOT the "worlds police" (tho the film by the same name is shockingly spot on )
we drive on the correct side of the road.

and ive found that This message is hidden because volvorocks is on your ignore list. returns the forum to nearly what it used to be before that opinionated thing started trolling/spaming its way around everywhere with its droppings.

volvorocks
Sep 28th, 2011, 11:50
Grow up Andy d.lol

tt82
Sep 28th, 2011, 11:51
and ive found that This message is hidden because volvorocks is on your ignore list. returns the forum to nearly what it used to be before that opinionated thing started trolling/spaming its way around everywhere with its droppings.

blimey andy, I may but confusing you with some1 else but it seems you have a lot of people on your ignore list. :fear:

andy_d
Sep 28th, 2011, 11:59
nope your not :D im nice like that :D

its far better for the forums as a whole if i ignore "that type" , as being me and the fact that i will not , never have , never will stomach fools or idiots, its either ignore them or have a pop at them.
really cba with having a pop at 99.999% of them, there fools and could best me with there vast experiance of being said idiot :D.

weble
Sep 28th, 2011, 14:27
This old diesel thing is about the same as what they used to do, when it was all carbs. Turn the fueling up except instead of black smoke u had the aweful smell of petrol and fumes.

Then in the case of both fuel types, there is the correct "right" (usually expensive) way of doing it (usually complex maps, bigger turbos, ECU's, Injectors, Cams, re-builds etc) , and the cheap "on a budget" way, i.e Cheap tuning chips on ebay and turning up of fuelings.

All things being equal, and even talking as a petrol owner (again) i still say anyone who thinks diesel is satans fuel and should only be used for tractors and trucks, has never owned a (Good) diesel car and are still stuck in the dark ages.

volvorocks
Sep 29th, 2011, 20:14
F.A.O

andy_d

Hi Andy_d

It appears that your intense dislike of myself and others and your reference to myself and others in alternate posts as idiots half wits, brain dead F**k wits , Kno*s Twa*s or otherwise along with further colourful language in which to describe us may stem from your own inner lack of self confidence or other issues in your life.

It appears that your comments about me arose simply due to the fact I was unsure , whilst attempting to help another forum member , whether or not there was a socket in the glove box of my S40 that would disable the alarm. I was sure there was. You said there wasn’t. I was sure there was something though such as an airbag turn off switch. You said there wasn’t. You were indeed correct on this matter although the manner in which you expressed your displeasure with my incorrectness was not acceptable. Not acceptable in a forum. Not acceptable in an email. Not acceptable now .Not acceptable in the future. Not acceptable in a letter and certainly not acceptable in a face to face in person discussion as I am sure you will agree.

I along with other forum members wish not to be in a war with you about your considered unwarranted behaviour and please be aware I bear no grudge nor hard feelings toward you for your less than nice comments in this forum about myself and others.

I therefore write this post with the hope that you also bear no grudge nor malice to myself or others now or in future for their views thoughts and opinions nor make further derogatory comment and we can all exist in the forum in harmony

Regards

david philips
Sep 30th, 2011, 12:46
hi guys , not haveing a pop at any one but there seems to be a bit of ill feeling in here somewhere,as i said about the boys with there toy cars its best to just let them go , maybe its best to just let comments that we do not like go,i for one would like to think i would try and help anyone on here out if i could and would like to think that someone may help me if i needed it. if someone writes something bad about me and feel welcome i will just let it go , the rest of the forum will be the judge of who is right and who is in error. have a nice day to all, good luck to all petrol and diesel heads.:car:

weble
Sep 30th, 2011, 13:40
F.A.O

andy_d

Hi Andy_d

It appears that your intense dislike of myself and others and your reference to myself and others in alternate posts as idiots half wits, brain dead F**k wits , Kno*s Twa*s or otherwise along with further colourful language in which to describe us may stem from your own inner lack of self confidence or other issues in your life.

It appears that your comments about me arose simply due to the fact I was unsure , whilst attempting to help another forum member , whether or not there was a socket in the glove box of my S40 that would disable the alarm. I was sure there was. You said there wasn’t. I was sure there was something though such as an airbag turn off switch. You said there wasn’t. You were indeed correct on this matter although the manner in which you expressed your displeasure with my incorrectness was not acceptable. Not acceptable in a forum. Not acceptable in an email. Not acceptable now .Not acceptable in the future. Not acceptable in a letter and certainly not acceptable in a face to face in person discussion as I am sure you will agree.

I along with other forum members wish not to be in a war with you about your considered unwarranted behaviour and please be aware I bear no grudge nor hard feelings toward you for your less than nice comments in this forum about myself and others.

I therefore write this post with the hope that you also bear no grudge nor malice to myself or others now or in future for their views thoughts and opinions nor make further derogatory comment and we can all exist in the forum in harmony

Regards

Dude but if he's blocked u he cant see that right?

weble
Sep 30th, 2011, 13:40
lol, just realised what i did there by quoting that! lol

You're welcome :D

volvorocks
Sep 30th, 2011, 14:27

The inevitable..!!

:lol::lol::lol:

tt82
Sep 30th, 2011, 15:05

The inevitable..!!

:lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65why7alD3Y