PDA

View Full Version : Tyres for my R

Libra
Oct 1st, 2011, 11:41
I will shortly need new tyres on my 2004 S60 R and it currently has 235/40/18 Pirelli PZero Rosso, which I am lead to believe that these are the only tyres I can have on the R because they are what the car is best set-up for - tested with. Or have I just made that up??

Cheers

Darren

adieu
Oct 1st, 2011, 16:20
You can fit any make you like. Try looking at T5D5, they recently discussed this subject.

Regards
Iain

Milky400
Oct 1st, 2011, 20:04
total bull....... they basically set up a deal with the manafacturers and get paid on it etc, same with oils etc.

best tyres i have had are toyo proxes tr1, cheap and very grippy. have them on the back of my tvr and front of the t4, and previously on an impreza P1

you wont be disapointed

JamesV70R
Oct 1st, 2011, 20:26
I put Toyo Proxies T1-R on the front of my V70 while I had it - huge improvement over the "No Name" mix-n-max that were on the front when I bought it!

The R has T1-R's all round too.

Milky400
Oct 1st, 2011, 20:54
sorry T1-R.......................................

gmain1967
Oct 1st, 2011, 21:04
sorry T1-R.......................................

I used to swear by those but found that a Yokohama Parada 2 was even better.

Depends on what you want - grip or wear. If grip, then Toyo or Yoko are good. Not so great for wear - i replaced approx every 6000 miles. And when current tyres on T4 are done, looking at road legal track tyres. Do not consider if wear is a concern...!

t5_monkey
Oct 2nd, 2011, 00:00
Big fan of Conti Contact 3 here

Libra
Oct 2nd, 2011, 11:02
Thanks all for clearing that up with the Pirelli PZero Rosso's. I think I will be getting Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta.

t5_monkey
Oct 2nd, 2011, 11:27
Thanks all for clearing that up with the Pirelli PZero Rosso's. I think I will be getting Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta.

I've had those...

They are extremely firm in the sidewalls - expect a 'nuggety' ride.

Libra
Oct 3rd, 2011, 19:33
I've had those...

They are extremely firm in the sidewalls - expect a 'nuggety' ride.

'Nuggety'? Not sure what you mean by that. Unless you mean 50p ride?

Lots of people are ranting and raving about the Vred's and saying how good they are.

st5ve
Oct 5th, 2011, 17:46
'Nuggety'? Not sure what you mean by that. Unless you mean 50p ride?

Lots of people are ranting and raving about the Vred's and saying how good they are.

I was going to go for the Verd's but only one tyre place locally could get them and they wanted silly money. I went for Toyo C1S all round very good compromise between performance and comfort. If looking for a performance tyre that is a good price the Verd's are the way to go, next step up are the Toyo T1R, Money no object Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

I went for 245/40 18's on the OZ legs I also opted for a load rating of 97 some tyre fitters were suggesting 93 as it is a heavy car I prefered a higher rating.

I got loads of very good information on T5D5 as a few members have tweaked S60 R's and know their stuff.