PDA

View Full Version : Heel pain

brianspratt
Oct 2nd, 2011, 20:11
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and have what may appear a daft query!

For the last six months or so I've been suffering with continual pain in my heel.

The medicos can't find any reason for it and it occured to me that the condition appeared a few months after acquiring my XC90 - I've never had the problem with previous Volvos (V70s & 850) and I wondered if the higher driving position may be contributing to the pain.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

Thanks

Brian

Rustee
Oct 2nd, 2011, 22:31
Could be similar to my uncle's problem, he has a varicose vein problem under his left ankle which came on in his 50's. He switched to autos ever since then and problem went away. Still driving 30 years on.

t5_monkey
Oct 2nd, 2011, 22:41
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and have what may appear a daft query!

For the last six months or so I've been suffering with continual pain in my heel.

The medicos can't find any reason for it and it occured to me that the condition appeared a few months after acquiring my XC90 - I've never had the problem with previous Volvos (V70s & 850) and I wondered if the higher driving position may be contributing to the pain.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

Thanks

Brian

go see a physio.

Could potentially be Plantar Facitis (excuse my spelling!)

Stuff like this is usually cured fairly easily with some therapy exercises.

Father Adam
Oct 3rd, 2011, 11:32
Collapsed arches?

The Hooded Claw
Oct 3rd, 2011, 14:32
go see a physio.

Could potentially be Plantar Facitis (excuse my spelling!)

Stuff like this is usually cured fairly easily with some therapy exercises.

Wot Monkey Said ^^^^^ I have this VERY BADLY in my Left Foot see here >>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

Mine Has become worse since Marie (wife) decided to replace all the Carpets in the house with "Wood Flooring" but the original cause was my ability to plant my motor-Bike into the side of a Number 95 Manchester Bus back in 1978...I ended up with Pins in my RIGHT Ankle knee & Hip... Hence I tend to "Weight Bear" on my LEFT side rather than Equally on both Legs.

Getting up in the middle of the Night fer a P!ss is absolute AGONY!!!!

Keith