PDA

View Full Version : 900 Cars: - Car got "Yarmouthed" at the weekend - grrrr

Chrali
Oct 3rd, 2011, 23:29
Some drunk stumbled into my rubbish bins, then slammed into my car. He was very p*ssed and annoyed so he ripped my fuel flap off and kicked it across the road.

By the time I got outside you could hear the muppet yelling down the next road.

Grrrrr why pick on the bit of my car that is (ok was) ok.

I'd much prefer if he wrenched the wing mirror off, but I've got the flap. I'll have to get the hinge kit though.

Kudos to Volvo for ensuring the fuel flap is only soft mounted to the car. How did they know about Gt Yarmouth?

gibble king
Oct 4th, 2011, 08:04
mine was on haven bridge when the spme drug addict git smashed all the windows,ripped the electrics out and smashed the bonnet of my 480 gle.....1000s of punds of damage to get some speakers worth six quid...if yarmouth sank into the sea id have a party.... at least he smashed his head on the roof taking a run up...ive also had the volvo sign cut off with a stanley knife ,had two other cars had all the windows smashed and one work van broken into...the person who doid that one actually tried it in front of my mate at the time...he whacked him with some bamboo sticks and broke his arm.....thats joyous yarmouth for you...i moved to the posher climate of gorleston where this kind of thing doesnt happen....
suggestion...i used to park on that road all the time as my ex lives there and there where always drunks kicking windows and smashing things nearby....is that pub at the end of the road still going btw?

RUTV70
Oct 4th, 2011, 09:08
Very sad...hope you get it sorted.!

Memo to self...AVOID Yarmouth.! (Though it won't be unique when it comes to mindless vandalism)

Neil

docjd
Oct 4th, 2011, 09:28
Very very sad-not uncommon an occurrence elsewhere im afraid!
Hope you get it fixed

SonyVaio
Oct 4th, 2011, 10:12
Yobs!

Hope you get it sorted and doesn't cost too much.

:star-wars-smiley-01

Andy Northface
Oct 4th, 2011, 13:36
A few years ago I used to have a Citroen BX diesel estate. Very reliable,if a bit slow.However being an older Citroen it didn't have the anti-sink valves on, so overnight it would sink right to the floor.
One night some drunken yobs thought it would be hilarious to run down the street,onto the bonnet and then the roof, before finally leaping back onto the road!!
The roof was dented,but luckily most of it pushed back into place. IMO anyone guilty of car vandalism should have their hands cut off!:realmad:

Chrali
Oct 4th, 2011, 20:01
mine was on haven bridge when the spme drug addict git smashed all the windows,ripped the electrics out and smashed the bonnet of my 480 gle.....1000s of punds of damage to get some speakers worth six quid...if yarmouth sank into the sea id have a party.... at least he smashed his head on the roof taking a run up...ive also had the volvo sign cut off with a stanley knife ,had two other cars had all the windows smashed and one work van broken into...the person who doid that one actually tried it in front of my mate at the time...he whacked him with some bamboo sticks and broke his arm.....thats joyous yarmouth for you...i moved to the posher climate of gorleston where this kind of thing doesnt happen....
suggestion...i used to park on that road all the time as my ex lives there and there where always drunks kicking windows and smashing things nearby....is that pub at the end of the road still going btw?

Crikey perhaps I'm blessed after all. Thats REALLY rough.

gibble king
Oct 4th, 2011, 20:28
I miss that car too....was in lovely condition...

volvorocks
Oct 4th, 2011, 21:58
Some drunk stumbled into my rubbish bins, then slammed into my car. He was very p*ssed and annoyed so he ripped my fuel flap off and kicked it across the road.

By the time I got outside you could hear the muppet yelling down the next road.

Grrrrr why pick on the bit of my car that is (ok was) ok.

I'd much prefer if he wrenched the wing mirror off, but I've got the flap. I'll have to get the hinge kit though.

Kudos to Volvo for ensuring the fuel flap is only soft mounted to the car. How did they know about Gt Yarmouth?

Did you leg it after him?

Chrali
Oct 5th, 2011, 19:27

Nope. I rather suspect an aggressive drunk wouldn't be up for a "look what you've done" chat, the police are fairly useless and how could I prove it.

gibble king
Oct 6th, 2011, 08:10
no doubt heading his way back to cobholm to start a fight with the wife and set fire to a few cars....my first trip to cobholm ...just over the bridge next to yarmouth.....was a bmw on fire(strictly speaking not a bad thing)

tt82
Oct 6th, 2011, 15:44

Nope. I rather suspect an aggressive drunk wouldn't be up for a "look what you've done" chat, the police are fairly useless and how could I prove it.

I would have drove after him and then over him.

"I'm sorry officer but he was drunk and just walked out in front of me. There was nothing I could do"

Chrali
Oct 13th, 2011, 01:08
I would have drove after him and then over him.

"I'm sorry officer but he was drunk and just walked out in front of me. There was nothing I could do"

Tempting, but the problem is the mindless scumbags that damage other peoples property usually have nothing to lose, whereas I could lose my job, my house etc.

As someone said their hands should be removed, at least they'd not get drunk so much, not being able to hold a pint and all !