PDA

View Full Version : Torque app for android mobile phone

outnumbered
Oct 4th, 2011, 08:04
would some kind person point me in the right direction for a OBD2 Diagnostic Code Reader Scanner Bluetooth Interface.

there are loads out there not sure which one.
thanks
mike

andy_d
Oct 4th, 2011, 11:13
i grabbed a £12 posted job from ebay, a HK/china seller, generic elm327 interface one
works fine with my MY2002 S40 (now that torque has been updated to cover S/V40's that is)This seller, and this unit, (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-V1-4-ELM327-OBDII-OBD2-Diagnostic-Interface-/370520649743?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5644c0700f) and he has dropped the price,,
took about the normal 14-16 days to arrive

RobbieH
Oct 4th, 2011, 13:25
Mike,

You getting bad ideas from me? Be careful I'm a gadgetoholic :GEEK:

Most of the bluetooth OBDII doodads probably come from the same factory. That one above from andy's post looks identical to mine (bought earlier this year). Works fine with my HTC Desire (non-HD) :thumbs_up:

When you pair it to the phone, the pass code is probably either 0000 or 1234 (mine used the latter). Torque is great, seven fully customisable screens with loads of gauges, dials, graphs,readouts, etc. And yes, it does read boost on a diesel (Manifold Intake Pressure) :tongwink:

If you allow it to, it can also email data logs in CSV format so that you can play with the data in Excel and the like. It'll also upload data to the torque website as a KMS file (iirc) including GPS data which can be seen on an overlaid Googlemaps map.