PDA

View Full Version : Women and cars

m30rmf
Oct 7th, 2011, 20:57
The wife rings this morning to say the exhaust has gone on her my01 mini cooper, fair enough it has been blowing slightly for the last 18 months, bring it back and Ill run it down the exhaust place for you....

couple of hours later the phone rings again, she in exhaust place and they want £250.....bloody hell I thinks that sounds steep......bring it home Ill have a ring round and get some quotes.......

She goes to leave and apparently the manager follows her across the car park and asks if theres a problem, she says I said he to expensive, the price comes down to £200 straight away, so she rings me back and says the man at Kwik Shi* says he do it for aforementioned price, my response.... what are you doing at Kwik Shi*, there a bunch of tos****...........go to ATS like I told you this morning,guy at Kwik shi* says you wont get it any cheaper anywhere......

My response, wanna bet!!!!!! I ring ATS and the quote is £182 for same thing,Rings her back and says to get to ATS , she arrives home 20 mins later on the bus, saying she has left it for work to be done at Kwik Shi*, he has matched the ATS price,my reaction, oh greaaaaaaaat!!!!!

Drops her off to pick it up couple of hours later on my way to get 2 tyres on my V70, gets home and she says it sounds loud still and they have'nt refitted the genuine bmw chrome tip either!!!! I go out and crank it over , sounds like a 17 year olds corsa on a saturday night............

So if i had'nt got involved it would have cost her nearly £70 more and the bas***** have pinched the genuine chrome tip too....and they wonder why they have a bad rep......

rant over.............

SiRS2000
Oct 7th, 2011, 21:31
Never have trusted that shower.

Ninja59
Oct 7th, 2011, 21:59
do you want my honest answer...sorry it might be a bit sexist.

but bl**dy women.They never listen.

Rossi-fan
Oct 7th, 2011, 22:36

Bet you're glad your missus never heard that,,,

SonyVaio
Oct 7th, 2011, 22:50
:lol:

I know just what you mean.

:star-wars-smiley-01

volvorocks
Oct 7th, 2011, 22:51
Hi

Must say being fair all my dealings with the outfit you mention have been ok. Fine job at a fine price most of the time (apart from when they tried to sell me Chinese type tyres saying they were the best on the market)

Wife wise.......mmmm..........thats different

Try scuffed alloys, backing into a post, then driving forward into another, bending the drivers door in the wind,marking the bumper on a wall (3 times) and dinging all doors on bollards somewhere,somehow.... and managing to get what looks like 2 cigarette burns in the seat despite being non smokers....

Hey ho the car was only 20k................

Am I cross with her.....of course not.........how could I be.....as we wait for delivery of our D reg FSO....lol

Ninja59
Oct 7th, 2011, 23:01
Bet you're glad your missus never heard that,,,

could not give a f*ck i split up from my GF 3 weeks go. lol :thumbs_up:

RUTV70
Oct 8th, 2011, 09:37
Bless 'em.!
Over the years I've had some crackers with my Missus.

Phone call....She.."My car won't start"
Me..."ok"
She.."What's wrong with it!
Me.."No idea"
She.."Well something's wrong"
Me.. "Very true...but I can't do diagnostics or repairs by
telephone"
She.."Well you are no use are you".?
Me.."Perhaps you should call those nice breakdown people
that you pay so much for".?
She.." I suppose I could, but I'll have to wait for them"
Me.." Errr...yes"
She...Heavy and meaningful sighs and tuts.!
...and to cut an even longer story short..she waited..and they came...and diagnosed a failing battery. They got the car started using one of the "paramedic/jump start" packs and she drove home trying to remember not to stall it.! But no problem, she got home and the battery was replaced the next day.
I was in the dog house for about a week for being useless.

Neil

kebab10
Oct 8th, 2011, 10:11
Send an email to Ian Fraser the CEO of Kwikpooh. Tell him they are pooh and he will get it sorted. They dont like bad "press".
http://www.ceoemail.com/sm.php?em=ian.fraser*kwik-fit.com.

Father Adam
Oct 8th, 2011, 13:03

Be honest here fellas, do men listen any more than women??

Ninja59
Oct 8th, 2011, 13:27
Be honest here fellas, do men listen any more than women??

i do not/did not listen to the some of the emotional/mind game S*it my GF came out with...especially near the end of our relationship some of it was OTT.

And some of the convo's i had with my ex about sorting her mac i maybe should not of bothered. I got called useless for providing advice when i was asked, so i stopped providing it and that got me in the sh*t, i think it is just a "woman thing" you can never win with them your always wrong somehow. It might be just my ex though...

Father Adam
Oct 8th, 2011, 14:40
I might be wrong here (and please feel free to point that out) but I have found that women like their men to just listen when they are having a rant or a moan.

When a man hears someone with a problem they instinctively want to 'problem solve' and come up with a solution. That's all well and good of course when it comes to another man's problems, but women are different and just want someone to listen and maybe offer some love and attention.

andy_d
Oct 8th, 2011, 15:05
IF *Big bl##dy IF* they ever Listened to what was said,,,not what they Think was said,, it might be different,,

but dont hold your breath waiting,,,,

Ninja59
Oct 8th, 2011, 16:05
I might be wrong here (and please feel free to point that out) but I have found that women like their men to just listen when they are having a rant or a moan.

When a man hears someone with a problem they instinctively want to 'problem solve' and come up with a solution. That's all well and good of course when it comes to another man's problems, but women are different and just want someone to listen and maybe offer some love and attention.

really? my gf just wanted her laptop to do as it should meh

lillia
Oct 8th, 2011, 19:20
As a lady, I take great exception to the assumption that women don't listen. The sensible ones among us listen just fine and will carefully evaluate all suggestions, after which we make our own decisions. And we never blame anyone for consequences that were a direct result of our own actions. I cannot speak for the others.

You make some good points, but I'm afraid you ruined it a bit towards the end. :) Yes, the airhead ones will just want to be comforted instead of having the problem solved. And you are correct in that we do like to feel as if our concerns have been heard. However, what many women would prefer is someone who would first explain why the problem that is perplexing them occurred in the first place (the root of it), followed by a sound explanation of ways in which to fix it before the mad rush to take over. They want to be able to understand what is going on and why. Simples. Any hint of derision or snarky comments and yes, you will be in the dog house and beyond. We have nothing against gentlemen offering to help and doing a decent job of it, it's the way in which this is offered/done that tends to rub us the wrong way. Or will make us very happy, it's up to you.

Case in point: the only reason I take my car to be serviced at the place I found is that I discovered that the men who work there are actual gentlemen - genuinely helpful people with a passion for Volvos as well - who will explain things and answer my questions without being patronising. At the end of the day, that is all we ask.

volvorocks
Oct 9th, 2011, 11:43
As a lady, I take great exception to the assumption that women don't listen. The sensible ones among us listen just fine and will carefully evaluate all suggestions, after which we make our own decisions. And we never blame anyone for consequences that were a direct result of our own actions. I cannot speak for the others.

Case in point: the only reason I take my car to be serviced at the place I found is that I discovered that the men who work there are actual gentlemen - genuinely helpful people with a passion for Volvos as well - who will explain things and answer my questions without being patronising. At the end of the day, that is all we ask.

I think men and women are just the same when it comes to listeneing or not listening.50/50

I wouldnt agree that women "never blame anyone for consequences that were a direct result of their own actions". However I wouldnt agree with the same when applied to men!! 50/50

I agree with your point that men can be patronising to women and not just in garages either..!!

Regards

radiomark
Oct 9th, 2011, 14:03
I think the original poster was just annoyed that kwit sh#t were trying to get more money from his wife and also that she still left it there.A bloke would walk away and find somewhere else where a woman would say they've matched the price so what's the problem.

m30rmf
Oct 9th, 2011, 17:05
Absolutely spot on radio mark, she could,nt get her head round the fact they tried to fleece her in the first place.yet im the one that has to take it back!

KwikFit
Oct 10th, 2011, 17:02
Send an email to Ian Fraser the CEO of Kwikpooh. Tell him they are pooh and he will get it sorted. They dont like bad "press".
http://www.ceoemail.com/sm.php?em=ian.fraser*kwik-fit.com.

Hi there,

Just to say that Ian Fraser is no longer our CEO, but you can send me an email and I'll try and help. You can reach me at KwikFitWebcare@kwik-fit.com.

Kind regards,
Gerry

radiomark
Oct 10th, 2011, 17:11
interesting post.You have a long hard road to salvage your reputation.

weble
Oct 12th, 2011, 17:48
It's not just Woman, Kwikfit will try and shaft anyone! They tried to do me £250 for a steering rack on my Fiesta when i was 17, 10 years later it's still on the same rack passing MOT's yearly! I use them on the rare occasions they are useful.

I consider myself very lucky with my girlfriend. She knows the score with these places, she also knows my list of contacts for all things car! She's also mechanically minded enough to know what she can/cant get away with.

The best example was one xmas eve a couple of years back. She had alternator faliure (she's a lorry driver also) doing multi drop around Rugby in a refrigerated 24 tonner. She called me, told me what had happened then went on to tell me what she'd done about it, Turned off the lights (It was now daylight but normally runs on sidelights all day to keep the interior body lights on). Turned off heater, radio, fridge and was leaving any returns to make less use of the tail lift. She left the engine running as we both figured leaving it running for 5 min each delivery would make better use of the remaining leccy than keep starting it.

Hell she made it back that day!

Simeyb
Oct 14th, 2011, 13:28
Don't have the women problem to solve - being of a different persuasion, me and my partner have been together for 7 years and haven't argued about one single thing - we listen to each other, have a laugh and everything is rosy - can't be doing with mindfcuk games

Rustee
Oct 14th, 2011, 21:51
So am I ^^ My mate years ago was the national champion in ballroom and latin american dancing, he didn't look butch at all but his day job was as a platefitter making inch thick panels and welding them into big ships which he was also very competent at.

His Metro went in to kwik fit for a part replacement exhaust " we can't weld on to that you need to buy a whole exhaust" - "oh really, perhaps you can let me use the tools and i'll do it for you" was his response... "Well I suppose we can clean the metal up and sort it out" they replied... I laughed my pants off when I heard the story.

They did a similar one to my mother, I bought two tyres for 70 pounds on her car, a week later she decided to go in and get two more "£90" was the quote, when challenged that her son paid £70 the week before the response was "we can sort you out a deal"...

Since then I have had superb service from kwik fit looking up specific parts for my 240, delivered and fitted within the same afternoon.

Lesson for shoppers is shop about, lesson for fitters is don't judge a book by it's cover...