PDA

View Full Version : 600bho Volvo

nosnibora
Oct 14th, 2011, 08:46
Good morning. I'm trying to find more details about a Volvo that was built for the US market in the mid 90s. I have tried lots of sites to no avail so here I am.

It was a AWD estate only color red with cream leather.
It had over 600 Bhp.
Its badge was a Prancing moose, ( some people lay claim to designing this in mid 2000).

I don't know if it went into production, a hoax, for racing I don't know but thanks for any help you can give. Nos

mikealder
Oct 14th, 2011, 15:48
It had over 600 Bhp.
Probably one of the RWD models with a red block turbo engine that had been considerably modified.

Its badge was a Prancing moose,
Lots of Volvos have a "Prancing Moose" badge/ sticker, some think its a p*ss take of the Ferrari Badge while other think it makes the car go faster......

I don't know if it went into production, a hoax, for racing I don't know but thanks for any help you can give. Nos

Probably an enthusiast who modified a standard production car, never heard of anything production built that pushed 600BHP, also doubt it was AWD as these tend to break at serious power levels, in fact some of the more recent AWD systems break with just normal power levels applied to them, if was in the USA have a dig around on Turbo Bricks.com - Mike

Anadinolin
Oct 14th, 2011, 15:57
are you thinking of the "volvette"?

it dsoent have prancing mooses as far as i know....but here have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBu6STlhh8Q