PDA

View Full Version : How Aero-dynamic is a C70 ....I JUST found out!!!!

The Hooded Claw
Oct 14th, 2011, 17:05
Yesterday with Marie not being too good she was idally punting about on Flea Bay & came across a Pine Rocking Chair Because she had Bugger all else to do she threw a bid at it fer 30 Quid........

Gets up this morning & finds shes won it!!! Woppy Fookin DO!!!! .. & Can I go & Collect it from Southport.......

ITS A ROCKING CHAIR FFS!!!!! How the hell am I goin to "Collect it" & IN WHAT!!!!!!

Thinking ...."I know I'll drop the passenger seat & stick it on there (with the Rockers facing the floor) .... so off I sets in the "C" to get it ... Ambling along @ 50 ish i'm impressed at the MPG (Around 38 ish) ..GREAT....

Get to the "Sellers" house & IT WON'T FIT in the car .... WOW BIG SURPRISE THERE!!!!..

So I ends up sticking the "Back" into the boot leaving the seat & Rockers hanging out & ties the boot lid as far down as I can (TBH it was sticking up at a 90 Degree angle !!!!!) & sets off back home........

FFS!!! the MPG dropped like a stone (It was like towing the Garden Shed behind me) it dropped to 19 MPG ... I is NOT HAPPY at this point but Hey Ho you carry on (Like yer do) .....

All the way to Southport my Gauge didn't move at all, stock steady at 5 Gallons, on the way back, I could SEE IT MOVE FFS!!!!

So The answer is OH YEAH the C70 is VERY Aero-Dynamic !!!!....

Keith

andy_d
Oct 14th, 2011, 17:10
be a bit like towing a caravan then,,:D

RUTV70
Oct 14th, 2011, 18:56
...Jeeeez.!...that MUST have hurt, Keith.
Don't ever wanna see that sort of mpg ....even on my flying brick V70.!
(though I could have put the chair in the back..smug grin!..LOL)

Neil

JamesV70R
Oct 14th, 2011, 19:13
Pfft. 19! Thats all I'm getting from the R at the moment!!

Also, this is good marketing for Volvo ..

"Volvo C70. More aerodynamic than a rocking chair!"

Thanatos
Oct 14th, 2011, 19:51
All you needed to do was ask and you could of taken the V and it would of fit in no Problem you know where the car is if you ever need it

johnnyv70
Oct 14th, 2011, 20:25
well Keith. all I can say is " YOUR OFF YOUR ROCKER MATE "..lol..

Well someone had to start it !!!

john

The Hooded Claw
Oct 14th, 2011, 21:01
TBH guys I did think about just "sitting it" on the Passenger seat & letting the Back stick outta the sunroof ... & If I had got Marie to sit in it we/She would have looked like the Bloody CLAMPITS driving back to Fleetwood !!!!

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8537/grannyclampett3.jpg

MARIE^^^^^^ Alias Granny Clampit !!!!^^^^^^^^

SNARF SNARF !!!!!

Keith

andy_d
Oct 14th, 2011, 21:03
we Shant ask What will get "clamped" when she see's that,...

Andy Northface
Oct 14th, 2011, 21:04
One would not be amused I imagine! :) Or you could have done this.................about 40 secomds in!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMW3Q7TQars&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL003863D46AC84C9E

DickyB V70R
Oct 14th, 2011, 21:08
Should of just took a saw with ya and cut it in half !! ;0)

Rustee
Oct 14th, 2011, 21:16
All you need now is to set it up out the front of yer gaff and sit there with a long drink and yer shotgun smokin a pipe shouting "get orrf my land" as people pass by...