PDA

View Full Version : Who has diagnostics kit available and where are you?

RobbieH
Oct 18th, 2011, 10:50
I noted that a thread was started with a member location map. I 've added to it and included text to say I have a VCT/Vida combo available for code reading and re-setting. I've also seen that Mike (outnumbered) has done the same. The problem is, there is no way of highlighting this so it's obvious to someone looking for local diagnostics.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=131398

I've asked a mod if the thread can be made a sticky and even if the forum can have something like as a permanent (and relatively prominent) fixture.

In the meantime, to help members in trouble maybe we could start up a list here? Something simple, who - what you got - roughly where.

I'll start:

Robbie H - VCT2000/Vida 2008c - Manchester

RUTV70
Oct 18th, 2011, 10:56
fair enough...would always be happy to help if I could.

I'm based near Oakham in Rutland....3 miles from the A1.
I have a simple, generic reader...Autel Maxscan GS500.

Neil

outnumbered
Oct 18th, 2011, 11:22
VCT 2000.
VOLFCR.
Diesel leak off test kit.
Mittyvac.
Vac gauge.
West Yorks.
mike

JamesV70R
Oct 18th, 2011, 11:38
OBD2007 (Basic logging, live readouts, code clearing etc)

South Hertfordshire / Watford area.

andy_d
Oct 18th, 2011, 13:36
Vol-FCR
bham/solihull area

*other generic ODBII sw as well. + torque

reynolds_p1
Oct 18th, 2011, 14:13
Vol-FCR
and an ELM327 generic reader with a few different programs.

Have used VOL-FCR to reset the service light on my 850 but it won't read codes, don't think it likes the USB-Serial converter i use with my laptop! Has been fine on a 99 V70 tho and should work on most other models that are OBD2 equipped. The 850 is a bit fussy when it comes to diagnostics!

I'm in Derby if i can help anyone out.

Cheers,
Adam

adamr8965
Oct 18th, 2011, 14:20
Volvo Vida / Dice

Driffield, East Yorkshire.

tt82
Oct 18th, 2011, 14:39
I noted that a thread was started with a member location map. I 've added to it and included text to say I have a VCT/Vida combo available for code reading and re-setting. I've also seen that Mike (outnumbered) has done the same. The problem is, there is no way of highlighting this so it's obvious to someone looking for local diagnostics.

I did mention in that thread about using certain indicators for the different models, I know its incredibly anal but if we did we could have assigned a symbol for people willing to share their diagnostic software with others.

pdrvolvo
Oct 18th, 2011, 17:44
BSR ppc code reader.A couple of miles from J18 of M6.

peter.

RobbieH
Oct 18th, 2011, 21:22
I did mention in that thread about using certain indicators for the different models, I know its incredibly anal but if we did we could have assigned a symbol for people willing to share their diagnostic software with others.

Something I asked "Mod" to look into :thumbs_up:

vagmuncher
Oct 19th, 2011, 11:53
BSR ppc code reader

Storrington, west sussex

jstrong
Jun 23rd, 2013, 12:30
Hi Vagmuncher

I see you have a BSR PPC.

Will that extinguish an 'SRS AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT' message?

Also I was hoping to carry out a full service on the car myself and therefore could the BSR update to say service done at X miles?

Many thanks in advance.

James, Rustington

fuzzypicture
Jun 23rd, 2013, 20:25
vida /dice 2012

obdII TORQUE app for general stats

South Wales.

Gungha
Aug 28th, 2015, 23:34
How to get in touch with a member ,,,I'm new here and cannot send a pm ,,

ijmorrison
Aug 29th, 2015, 09:22
Vida / dice (one that does do x40 diesels)
Volfcr
Vagcom (vw, seat, Audi, Skoda)
Opcom (Vauxhall)
Torque pro (generic odbii)

Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

JoolsH
Feb 3rd, 2020, 16:12
I've tried to access the Zeemap, but it appears that will only allow a certain number of views before it needs to be paid for.

Thekilt
Feb 3rd, 2020, 21:27
DICE/VIDA 2014

Wareham, Dorset. Amateur user but seems to have worked well thus far.

Aptref
Jun 3rd, 2020, 23:12
I'm based in Cardiff - since taking my xc60 to main dealer for a health check it has began to show a 'reduced performance' message. I don't want to have to take it back to them and be charged a fortune for a diagnostic.
Would you be willing to have a look for me?

Autoemotion
Mar 29th, 2022, 10:32
Hi all. I'm in Leeds wet Yorkshire and have a basic diag machine and offer free code reading and some resets. However I can't do a lot of specific things, feel free to ask. I am also looking for someone local with volvo specific machine to try reset my heater as like the wife, blows hot and cold. Any offers will be much appreciated. Thanks.paul.

Parknest
Mar 29th, 2022, 11:08
Lexia/Daigbox (PSA)
Opcom (GM-era Vauxhall)
ISTA (BMW)
TOPDON ArtiDiagBT800 (mid-range OBD2 scantool)

Halifax, West Yorkshire

Autoemotion
Mar 29th, 2022, 13:33
Can any of your machines reprogram my heater control unit pal? It's driving me mental.

Keencyclist
Mar 29th, 2022, 17:33

I've asked a mod if the thread can be made a sticky and even if the forum can have something like as a permanent (and relatively prominent) fixture.

In the meantime, to help members in trouble maybe we could start up a list here? Something simple, who - what you got - roughly where.
Sent you a pm RobbieH. Thanks

I'll start:

Robbie H - VCT2000/Vida 2008c - Manchester
Have sent a pm to you RobbieH. Thanks

arcascomp
Mar 30th, 2022, 19:14
VIDA/DICE and a generic multi car ODBC jobbie.

Total rank amateur, but happy to help a fellow in need out now and again.