PDA

View Full Version : DPF Issue on Watchdog

VenomS40
Oct 20th, 2011, 20:30
Did anyone see this on the BBC?

JamesV70R
Oct 20th, 2011, 20:33
Just caught the end half of it ... and TBH, it does make me wonder - who buys a Diesel for their 2 minute drive to work, and then complains about it when things start going wrong?

Mind you, the car they used as an example was a Fiat 500 which is "style over substance" so its no surprise the owners didn't read the manual!

Daim
Oct 20th, 2011, 20:49
I didn't see it (ha, English TV in Deutschland!? You'f gort tu be kreezy!)... But I can guess...:

Someone buys a diesel thinking "it is always cheaper and uses less fuel", drives the car to their local supermarket (like, next door) and wonders why the car won't drive right anymore as the DPF is blocked and the message in the display says "Please head to workshop" or so...!?

davebslater(uk)
Oct 20th, 2011, 21:15
ive given some advice on this issue , since i work in this diesel aftertreatment business , it annoys me that joe bloggs will got to watchdog and say , ive driven at 10 mph for 6 months , it doesnt bloody work.......

wooble
Oct 20th, 2011, 22:50
It's not like the DPF regen requirements aren't made clear in the handbook. If the owner decided reading through the handbook wasn't worth 5 minutes of their time, on their own head be it.

Then again, I wouldn't expect anybody who buys a fiat 500 with a diseasel to have any common sense anyway.