PDA

View Full Version : parking fine query

fowlerman
Nov 4th, 2011, 14:11
A friend of ours lent here car to her son-in-law as his was off the road. The road where he lives became residents only parking on Sept 1st, though the signs on the boundaries of the area have been up for some months. He received a ticket on Sept 23rd but told the warden, who he interrupted whilst writing the ticket, that he hadn't been informed the order had come into force, hence he hadn't got a permit yet. He says that the warden cancelled the ticket. He didn't tell his MIL about this episode.

She has now had a communication from the Council and had to pay £150, the original£50 + two increases, as the registered keeper of the car. Whilst there may be some doubt about the cancellation of the original fine, can any-one tell me whether the council should have contacted the owner before the extra penalties were imposed?

Pete

kebab10
Nov 4th, 2011, 20:08
I know there is a website where a chap knows all the ins and outs of the parking regulations and how to get proper justice. Cant think of the site address but google away and he will pop up somewhere. Sorry cant help any further.

ruffday
Nov 4th, 2011, 20:16
I would say yes but check with CAB for more info.

V70Driver
Nov 4th, 2011, 20:21
I would think that if the ticket was issued and then cancelled while the warden was writing it out, would be some proof, if you are inclined to let the matter go to court. Did you get the warden's name or number to bring to the attention of his superiors?
I take it if signs were up warning you then I would imagine that would be difficult to contest.
Good luck
V70Driver

SonyVaio
Nov 4th, 2011, 20:42
A friend of ours lent here car to her son-in-law as his was off the road. The road where he lives became residents only parking on Sept 1st, though the signs on the boundaries of the area have been up for some months. He received a ticket on Sept 23rd but told the warden, who he interrupted whilst writing the ticket, that he hadn't been informed the order had come into force, hence he hadn't got a permit yet. He says that the warden cancelled the ticket. He didn't tell his MIL about this episode.

She has now had a communication from the Council and had to pay £150, the original£50 + two increases, as the registered keeper of the car. Whilst there may be some doubt about the cancellation of the original fine, can any-one tell me whether the council should have contacted the owner before the extra penalties were imposed?

Pete

Pop across to this website - LINKY! (http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?)

These guys are absolutely fantastic and you will receive fantastic advice. There may be nothing that can be done but atleast you will have taken some very good advice.

:star-wars-smiley-01

xc70jason
Nov 4th, 2011, 20:48
Hi,there is this site that could possibly help,http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/.
There is another but i cant for the life of me think what it's called.If i remember i'll post it.
Jason

kebab10
Nov 4th, 2011, 20:54
Hi,there is this site that could possibly help,http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/.
There is another but i cant for the life of me think what it's called.If i remember i'll post it.
Jason

Thats the badger!. Cheers Jason.

xc70jason
Nov 4th, 2011, 21:09
And this is the other one,http://www.noparkingfine.co.uk/,best of luck.
Jason

Thanatos
Nov 4th, 2011, 21:41
At the moment down Marton and whitegate drive pete the signs have been there months and the council are on a zero tolerance as we have had a few in the nhs who parked there on the 1st and they will not cancel them

fowlerman
Nov 4th, 2011, 22:58
At the moment down Marton and whitegate drive pete the signs have been there months and the council are on a zero tolerance as we have had a few in the nhs who parked there on the 1st and they will not cancel them

That's the area the son-in-law lives, Salisbury rd. actually. It's not so much the initial fine, although that's annoying enough, it's whether the council should have contacted the registered keeper before adding the late/non payment excesses. The first the registered keeper, who lives a couple of miles away, knew about the incident was when she got a demand for £150.

Going to have a look on the suggested web-sites now, thanks for the help folks.

Pete.

fowlerman
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:43
Just a follow-up. Apparently the Council were within their rights to act as they did. So be warned if you lend your car out, you are responsiblef or the fine if it's ticketed, AND any excesses if it's not paid promptly. An expensive lesson learnt.

Pete.