PDA

View Full Version : MOT tomorrow

ewanc0
Nov 6th, 2011, 17:49
As part of the sale of my car i offered to put a full ticket on it so it's booked in for 8.30 tomorrow morning.
I don't THINK it will have any problems but you know what it's like, i'll be cra*ping myself until i have the new MOT in my hands.
Wish us luck

Rustee
Nov 6th, 2011, 18:06
Good luck :thumbs_up:

minesa240x3
Nov 6th, 2011, 18:37
Good luck.If it does fail then probably a number plate bulb or similare?
BUT we all know it will PASS.
Regards Brian.

stephend
Nov 6th, 2011, 19:04
Fingers crossed! But it will be fine...

Kevs Estate
Nov 6th, 2011, 19:13
I am sure it will be ok. You must be fairly confident, or else you would not be selling it with a full MOT?
If it does need loads of welding, new discs+calipers, steering rack, ball joints, shock absorbers and broken springs replacing along with a new exhaust???????
Them i would pull out of the sale.
Only joking it will fine.

kebab10
Nov 6th, 2011, 19:22
Dont worry. Dont forget to get the engine nice and warm so the emissions will be okay. Forgot that last year and it only just passed.

ewanc0
Nov 6th, 2011, 19:32
If it does need loads of welding, new discs+calipers, steering rack, ball joints, shock absorbers and broken springs replacing along with a new exhaust???????
Them i would pull out of the sale.
That is already agreed with the buyer.
I'm quietly confident, i got the tracking done the other week and they checked all the joints and bushes underneath and everything was sound, brakes are fine, all lights working, warning lights go out as they should, no rust underneath. Only thing i think it needs is 2 new tyres which the garage is doing before the test

minesa240x3
Nov 6th, 2011, 19:41
Dont worry. Dont forget to get the engine nice and warm so the emissions will be okay. Forgot that last year and it only just passed.

I do the italian tune up every time,and really hit the brakes hard to clear them.Mine tend to build up quite a bit of surface rust due to inactivity.
Let us know what the emmisions come out like so we can compare.
Sounds like a really good car.Maybe you should keep it now it's all up together and with a years mot Lol.
Regards Brian.

Kevs Estate
Nov 6th, 2011, 19:49
Sounds like a really good car.Maybe you should keep it now it's all up together and with a years mot Lol.
Regards Brian.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts aswell.:thumbs_up:

lyron
Nov 6th, 2011, 20:36
its a volvo, it will pass, simples .

ewanc0
Nov 6th, 2011, 20:42
Regards Brian.

My thoughts aswell.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to keep it, i've put so much effort into this car in the past 18 months or so but my bank balance says i need the cash

Andy Northface
Nov 6th, 2011, 22:02
Fingers crossed mate!:thumbs_up:

ewanc0
Nov 7th, 2011, 09:18
Nowt I can do now but sit and wait. I'm like a blo#dy expectant father LOL

ewanc0
Nov 7th, 2011, 14:34
PASSED!!!!! Had to get handbrake adjusted, number plate light bulb and front brakes balanced??
£39 labour, can't complain

RUTV70
Nov 7th, 2011, 14:37
RESULT.!!!..nice one.

Neil

Kevs Estate
Nov 7th, 2011, 18:28
Well pleased for you.:thumbs_up:

GMad
Nov 7th, 2011, 18:33
As part of the sale of my car i offered to put a full ticket on it so it's booked in for 8.30 tomorrow morning.
I don't THINK it will have any problems but you know what it's like, i'll be cra*ping myself until i have the new MOT in my hands.
Wish us luck

Mmm, well luck has little to do with anything really.
If you offered a full MOT at point of sale, then I guess you were confident that it would pass?
Makes a nice change to hear of a second hand car, that the owner is setting up for a safe and pleasnt sale:thumbs_up:

kebab10
Nov 7th, 2011, 18:36
Jolly good. Bet whoever has bought the car is pleased too.

minesa240x3
Nov 7th, 2011, 20:08
Well done mate a testament to you keeping it up to scratch.Always amazes me how a tester can be suprised when my shiny clean cars go in and passes.Well in the old days that is.The guy who does mine knows I do my utmost to get things done.
Regards Brian.