PDA

View Full Version : Running Boards

Tonyrec
Nov 11th, 2003, 18:34
We have just taken delivery of our Silver XC90 and we are extremely pleased.The wait was a pain but apart from that it went ok.The only potential problem that we had was that we were told that we could no longer have the Running Boards fitted as per our order as the waiting list was now up to summer 2004.
To cut a long story short i telephoned a few Volvo dealers, most of which just laughed but i did find one dealer that had a pair (cancelled order) in the store room. I was amazed that they even wanted a premium on them, which of course, we had to pay.
Our supplying dealer even charged us for fitting them which i couldnt believe.

This is a superb car and the Running Boards were well worth the time and effort, but as you all know, dealers have us over a barrel and this was a prime example.

Why are these Running boards in such short supply?

Rooster
Nov 11th, 2003, 18:46
There is loads of xc90's having the running boards fitted to them, think i saw 4 xc90's last week have them fitted to them and thats in 1 dealership so if you think how meny dealers there are in the country then its alot of running boards.

Seen a couple of xc90's with A bars on the front aswell and they look quiet smart.

Simon J
Nov 13th, 2003, 12:45
I would have thought that a short note to Volvo UK complaining about their dealers charging more than list price for Volvo accessories might produce results by way of a refund for the over-charging. Worth a try, as I have found Volvo UK to be pretty responsive to legitimate complaints from customers.

stevebrenman
Oct 15th, 2004, 09:54
I have just had the running boards for my XC90 removed and am now selling them...
Rec retail is around £430- plus (it seems) scarcity premium in some instances
Will consider any reasonable offer
you can email me at steve@deepblue-apartments.com
or call me on 07710 782713
Cheers