PDA

View Full Version : Rear Light Condensation

elmec
Jan 27th, 2004, 20:24
Can everybody help me, my 4 month old XC90 is suffering from bad condensation inside the rear light lenses, my dealer tells me that all XC'S suffer from this and Volvo wont do anything about it, i am not convinced this is true, can you all check your rear lights and let me know if you have condensation or not

Many Thanks

Bob
Jan 27th, 2004, 20:54
I will pass this to VCUK.

SERVICE ADVISOR
Jan 29th, 2004, 02:03
This problem is currently under investigation by Volvo.

No solutions yet.

Bob
Feb 2nd, 2004, 22:18
This is from Volvo Car UK:

"I have investigated this concern with our Technical department and can advise that moisture can enter the rear light assemblies as they are not sealed units. This is to enable dispersion of heat and therefore is a property of the vehicle. We have forwarded the customer comments to Volvo Car Corporation to form part of their
evaluation

However, we do appreciate that some customers may find this issue to be an annoyance and therefore have released information to our dealer
network. A temporary solution is that the lamp should be dried out and re-evaluated if further condensation occurs."

Bob Isaac
Forum Admin
robert.isaac@volvoclub.org.uk

splutterycar
Feb 5th, 2004, 20:27
I've Just today had new rear lamp lenses fitted. The new ones have a breather hole in the bottom with a goretex cover.You need to get your dealer to order them VOR and they arrive the next day. :-)

elmec
Feb 6th, 2004, 16:08
Ive phoned my dealer and they still tell me Volvo are looking into the problem, do you have any more info about this

Many thanks

splutterycar
Feb 6th, 2004, 22:09
Hi
Get the dealer to call Volvo, as I did. It was them that suggested they put in a VOR order.Neither myself nor my dealer expected them to arrive so quickly.I checked them today and so far so good!! No condensation! Good luck.

splutterycar
Mar 27th, 2004, 19:06
Update on rear lamp condensation.
New lamp units have cured it!!!!
Get your dealers to order you some!

Uselesshippy
Nov 16th, 2011, 19:47
try a desicant

Uselesshippy
Nov 16th, 2011, 19:47
cheers all the best

bobdabuilda
Mar 5th, 2016, 10:42
I have noticed this in my rear light clusters today! MY07 facelift model so shouldn't occur should it? Anyone else have this on facelift model and has anyone been successful in getting Volvo to replace FOC?

spadds
Mar 7th, 2016, 22:25
Hi

My recently acquired MY2005 has condensate in the osr tail light too. I'm watching eBay for a unit from the breakers. If however they all collect condensate, I won't bother! Let me know how you get on!