PDA

View Full Version : Reversing sensors having problems

elmec
May 18th, 2004, 08:42
My XC has been in and out of the garage to have the reversing sensors looked at, they have tried software and wiring but still no good, they rang two days ago and asked me to remove the cap off the tow bar and see how i get on and touch wood so far have not had a problem.
Hope this helps

Peter Milnes
May 19th, 2004, 02:06
Thanks for that Jason. Another one of those faults which should have been sussed before the car got to it's new owner. I don't suppose they even thought that could happen.

All the best, Peter

Chris_B
Mar 13th, 2006, 13:48
My rear parking sensors stopped working recently with the error message "rear park assist service required". I found this previous post interesting as my car also has a towbar fitted (Volvo removable type) with a plastic cover. My dealer appears to have looked at the towbar as well as a possible cause as it came back minus the cover.

I would like to know is if anyone else has had any similar problems and why the tow bar should affect it as it is well out of sight of the sensors. It is going back in this week so hopefully the dealer can shed more light on it.

DCO
Mar 15th, 2006, 12:08
Sorry to hear about the problems. This is just to say that I have a Volvo detachable tow bar, complete with cover, and it has never interferred with the reversing sensors. If the dealer says that removing the cover cures the problem, it indicates that one or more sensors are faulty or have been moved. Obviously it is worth checking the angle of the sensors, in case someone has bumped your XC90 in the back whilst unattended.