PDA

View Full Version : New XC90 engine

Bob
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:51
At last the 2.5T engine XC90 is being released in the UK. See:

www.volvoclub.org.uk/press/releases/36744-a-vol.pdf

Peter Milnes
Nov 21st, 2004, 00:20
I keep getting "file cannot be found" when trying the URL Bob.

All the best, Peter.

Bob
Nov 21st, 2004, 19:28
Works OK with me. Do you have any problems with any other pdf files on the web site?

Bob

Paul Wildsmith
Nov 21st, 2004, 20:05
works for me

Paul

Peter Milnes
Nov 22nd, 2004, 00:24
I haven't noticed any problems except for the site insisting on my downloading Acrobat 6 which I already have on my machine. this was fairly involved in trying to rid myself of the rather insistant download. I have just found out why Bob. Your URL is incorrect and should read "www.volvoclub.org.uk/press/pressreleases/36744-a-vol.pdf". The URL you put up read "www.volvoclub.org.uk/press/releases/36744-a-vol.pdf"

All the best, Peter.

Bob
Nov 22nd, 2004, 16:33
The URL I gave is correct, the one you give is non existent and will return an error. If the URL you give works for you then there is something very strange happening. This is the path to the document:

www.volvoclub.org.uk/
-------------------------------press/
--------------------------------------releases/
-----------------------------------------------36744-a-vol.pdf.

Try this. Go to www.volvoclub.org.uk/press then click on the Press Releases link, then pick up the link to the document.

Bob

Peter Milnes
Nov 23rd, 2004, 00:47
That is what I did in the end to get to the file, Bob. I have been having a funny happening as well. When I have posted a reply I have to click on "Lobby" to get back to the subject listing. This does not happen if I do not post a reply.

All the best, Peter.

Bob
Nov 23rd, 2004, 17:44
I recently had the PHP program upgraded on the server from 4.0.1 to 4.3.9 which is a stable version (most recent is 5.0.2 but not tested on many of the apps such as this that use PHP), but I have noticed that some of the forms used on the web site have been throwing up some error messages. I have been able to isolate most of the problems with the code in the forms that causes this, so I wonder if this upgrade is the cause. I will check this out with some other developers.

Bob

Peter Milnes
Nov 25th, 2004, 01:06
Thanks Bob. I look forward to what you find out.

All the best, Peter.

Bob
Nov 25th, 2004, 17:48
One of the other users of this forum software is in the process of rebuilding a server and will be installing PHP 4.3.9, and will look for any unusual procedures. It may be some time before I get any response from him.

Bob