PDA

View Full Version : new XC90 185Hp "anti skid problems" 1 day after delivery

Marco Caramello
Dec 6th, 2005, 11:11
I have bought a new XC90 Xenium D5 185Hp with 6 automatic gears.
The car is great, but unfortunately I had the possibility to drive it only for 1 and a half day.
I had a message on the dashboard temming me "anti skid problem reparation needed" with a yellow-orange worning signal.
The volovo made some tests and found that one of the 2 pressure sensor on the break system had a low level signal.
The sensor has been changed 3 times(2-3for days to have the pieces) but the message was still the same. Volvo decided to change the ABS or the DTSC electronic box (another 2-3 days)but still the same problems. Volvo France (because I bought my car in Monte Carlo where I live) suggested to do all the tests again and it took another 2-3 days.
So far I have bought a car worthed 56000 Euro and used less than 2 days and still in the Volvo garage for possible tests (already passed 17 days). Today Volvo is trying a new breaking pump because they hope is a mechanical problems, but I'm very upsaet of the situation. I had a V50 volvo to keep working, but now with Christmass holiday and 3 children I cann not fit all the luggage in a V50.
Is any suggestion from your side that can help me to solve this problem. It seems an electronic false contacts sumeware but where?

Any suggestion and comment will be appreciated.

Marco

5lab
Dec 6th, 2005, 18:35
in my opinion, tell them if it isnt completely fixed in 5 working days you want either a refund or a whole new car - this sort of thing is pretty unacceptable in this day and age, and its clear they've no idea what the problem is

Marco Caramello
Dec 12th, 2005, 12:40
Good news,

After 17 days of pure fear of not getting back my new car VOLVO has solved the problem. Everyone was thinkning of an electronical problem while it was a mechanical one.
The pressure on the breaking pump system was not what the computer was expecting. Changed the pump, solved the problem.
Not it runs perfect.
The new engine is fine (even if it will never be like a sport car).
We have used it all week end going around with friends and 4 kids in total. the space is perfectely well organized and the confort is the top.

Well folks, thank you any way for the support.

regards
Marco

After_Shock
Feb 12th, 2006, 09:20
I love it how much people praise these cars but the second theirs a fault on one out of thousands of cars people start saying 'demand a replacement or your money back'

Its unfortunate that a car does get a fault and regardless of how much it costs they all have thousands of working pieces, its not the Volvo dealer that built the car or made all the parts but its them that always get the stick and then people complain how much they charge for servicing!

The D5 185bhp is an excellent car but alot of it is all new underneath, Volvo have basically given the XC90 a mid life update without changing the way it looks so alot of it is new to the dealers aswell but at least they got it sorted in the end.