PDA

View Full Version : HELP I've put the Wrong Fuel in !!!!!!

The Hooded Claw
Nov 15th, 2011, 14:50
Seen alot of post recently about putting the wrong Fuel in...Just bumped into an old Mate of mine at the garage he now works for these people >>>>

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6083/scan0001ou.jpg

They will come out 24 Hours a day to get you going & Drain your "wrong" fuel

Costs are ...

DURING WORKING HOURS 8AM to 5PM...... £120 Inc VAT

AFTER HOURS.....5PM to 8AM..................£140 Inc VAT

They are a "National" Company & have "operatives" in most UK regions

PLEASE NOTE*****

I have NO AFFILIATION with these people or Company I just happened to run into an old acquaintance who now works for them

Keith

christheancient
Nov 15th, 2011, 15:18
Jeez, Keith.

I thought that you had done that for a minute!

That would have fekked yer street cred!

scr8pdo
Nov 15th, 2011, 15:21
I seen them cards at our local petrol garage on the counter, bloody good idea that, I should have thought of doing that as its a common problem

david philips
Nov 15th, 2011, 15:37
hi keith,can i just let members know of the 5 litre rule with petrol or diesel, if you put less than 5 litres of the wrong type of fuel in, then fill up compleatly with the right fuel and everthing should be ok , any more than this and its recommended to drain and refill with the correct fuel. ps/ hope you have sorted the timeing fault out, :car:

rnlisg
Nov 15th, 2011, 16:25
my son in law did this last week,he took my daughters car(rover 75 diesel out)and being helpfull stuck £30 of petrol in.he has a micra for work(petrol).realised straight away what he had done,and phoned me i told him not start it or to put the key in ingnition as it might prime it, and try to push out of the way,we got it recovered to a friend who has a garage who took the tank off,cleaned it out,he was lucky as it only cost him £80.
there was a case of a member of the disco3 site who had a misfueling problem and it cost thousands.(is was started and run).

GMad
Nov 15th, 2011, 16:30
Not a bad idea for a business, mind you you would, IMO have to be some kind of a tw@t to get it wrong!

Thanatos
Nov 15th, 2011, 17:12
They are a great idea

And with the newer cars that prime the pump when you unlock the car the old trick of just pushing out the way primes the pump. as I did this once in a new skoda picked company car up on day 1 drove there in my petrol car and drove to the garage and one of my colleagues was there are we were nattering and I forgot and picked petrol instead of diesel and brimmed it cose me £540 as the car primed as you got close with the keyless entry RAC man came out and said that with the car priming it self it's cosing people more and more

JamesV70R
Nov 15th, 2011, 17:30
Not a bad idea for a business, mind you you would, IMO have to be some kind of a tw@t to get it wrong!

Ahem.

Spotted in the XC90 Section ...

http://volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=138756

That is all.