PDA

View Full Version : insurance

Elpy
Nov 23rd, 2011, 15:49
any one know of best insurance company for volvo, i am new driver, 31 and have 240 saloon. quotes i've had are astronomical.

rogerthechorister
Nov 23rd, 2011, 16:04
All thieves. Try a classic policy with a low declared mileage if you can stick to the mileage. I have had good results off confused.com and the meerkhat - down from about £1,000 to about £250!

Try 3pF&T - if the repair costs are significant the thieves will only try to write your baby off anyway.

m0bzy
Nov 24th, 2011, 09:15
I recieved my renewal notice last week from Volvo insurance,large increase in premium,so I checked a few other insurers who managed to take the premium down by about £200,then I went back to Volvo and pointed out that I had been with them for eight years and that others could beat their quote my a large margin,they then quoted lowest of all and still keeping to the £100 excess.So why did they not quote the lowest figure in the first place?They were of course hoping I would not notice.

malcolmk
Nov 24th, 2011, 11:40
it`s this practice that causes folk to think all Insurances are thieving ratbags,but there are still some of us that havn`t stooped to the level of solictors and politicans,malcolmk

noscralc
Nov 24th, 2011, 12:38
I recieved my renewal notice last week from Volvo insurance,large increase in premium,so I checked a few other insurers who managed to take the premium down by about £200,then I went back to Volvo and pointed out that I had been with them for eight years and that others could beat their quote my a large margin,they then quoted lowest of all and still keeping to the £100 excess.So why did they not quote the lowest figure in the first place?They were of course hoping I would not notice.
robbin barstewards the lot of em!!! they just try it on.

Boz
Nov 24th, 2011, 15:18
Join the Institute of Advance Motorists (IAM) , train up and pass their advanced driving test, you can then use their own insurance agent, I think its underwritten by Royal Sun alliance. Substantial savings, really!

It will also improve your driving, well it did mine anyway. Look it up on the web for info

rogerthechorister
Nov 24th, 2011, 23:19
MalcolmK - most solicitors are honest servants of their clients. It is professionally improper for a solicitor knowingly to assist a client to advance an untruth. Recently, in the USA, a major lawfirm that assisted clients fraudulently to foreclose on properties was shut down within weeks once the balloon went up. I HATE bent members of my profession - but without us no-one would have access to justice.

And I hate kneejerk ****s like you too.

purplebargeken
Nov 24th, 2011, 23:28
Try Peter James in Birmingham. Haven't got the number to hand, sorry.

Ken

mrmeringo
Nov 24th, 2011, 23:34
any one know of best insurance company for volvo, i am new driver, 31 and have 240 saloon. quotes i've had are astronomical.

Try Footman James 0843 357 1917 "www.footmanjames.co.uk."I find them Hard to beat on classic car insurance,I pay £170 fully comp,unlimited mileage for my 1988 740. :thumbs_up:

mrmeringo
Nov 24th, 2011, 23:37
Try Footman James 0843 357 1917 "www.footmanjames.co.uk."I find them Hard to beat on classic car insurance,I pay £170 fully comp,unlimited mileage for my 1988 740.