PDA

View Full Version : Marangoni Verso Tyres

edmoss
Nov 28th, 2011, 16:20
Hi,

I've just picked up a V50 1.6 drive start/stop SE LUX secondhand and am a bit unsure about the tyres.
Currently fitted are a set of Marangoni Verso which get some pretty average reviews, here is one example;

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Marangoni/Verso.htm

I drive towards economy not speed, are these tyres as bad as they sound or should I stick with them? There is a good amount of tread all round so looks like I'll get a least another couple of years out of them.
I do around 12000 miles a year, mixture of motorway/city/countryside.

Any opinions appreciated.
Thanks
Ed

Mr Angry Pants
Nov 28th, 2011, 16:33
I'll stick ma heed over the parapit on this..tyres are a bug bear of mine I'm affraid to say, quite simply, those 4 bits of rubber are the only thing between you and oblivion...tyre performance deteriorates a lot quicker with the budget brands and in all fairness, I would be looking to swap them at 3mm of tread rather than when you get to 1.6mm. As a matter of course, I swap my tyres at 2.5mm and always buy mid - range to premium if money allows at the time...It is excpensive, but as I say, those 4 bits of rubber....

940wentworth
Nov 28th, 2011, 19:11
what he said is very true... but opinions vary and good tyres are not cheap... i wouldnt just change them on a whim... i would drive on them for a while and make up your own mind... although going by the reviews i wouldnt buy them..

classicswede
Nov 28th, 2011, 19:16
The maragoni tyres do or did grip well bu the last set I had only lasted about 2000 miles !!!

edmoss
Nov 28th, 2011, 21:49
Looks like I'll be changing them next year then! Thanks for the advice, I'll see how I get on for a couple of months.