PDA

View Full Version : Leaking amazon brakes

barrimore
Aug 11th, 2003, 14:43
I have just fitted a moss brake servo to my amazon. The difference is increadible!. The only issue I have found is; the brake calipers at the front had leaked a small amount of fluid onto the inside of the wheels/ tyres - not sprayed just leaked over night. This has subsequently stopped, but I have been afraid of driving with the brakes in this condition.

The brakes never leaked before, and they are three pot ones with new pots and seals, no corrosion (I put in myself).

Is it because they are 'bedding in' due to the new pressure, or is the servo too strong for the brakes.

Could it be because I had jammed the brakes on harshly a couple of times to test the new braking ability?

If the front are leaking, would the rear pots be leaking as well? (I can't see any fluid dripping'?

When i pump the brakes they get harder and harder, even after lots of bleeding. Could it be a return pressure valve that is causing the problem as it is not releasing?

If so, where is this release valve?, could it have not been 'primed' but is now working, so no recent leak?

Worried Baz..