PDA

View Full Version : colour code for 123 GT

ADH
Aug 28th, 2003, 17:04
Hi
Could anyone tell me the colour code for a D reg 123GT in red. The colour is similar to post office van or a telephone box.

Cheers

Adh

Bob
Aug 28th, 2003, 17:35
All the Amazon colour codes are at:

www.volvoclub.org.uk/paint_colour_codes.htm

wellshj
Sep 1st, 2003, 16:51
(just in case you weren't aware)

You can match the original colour code for the car with this list by reading the code from the chassis plate - it is clearly labeled as you would expect from a Volvo!

Also, if you hope to get some paint mixed the best thing to do is leave your ash tray with the paint supplier so that they can obtain an accurate match.

ADH
Sep 2nd, 2003, 23:24
Thanks for your help.
Alas this paint is not reqiured for a 123 GT that I own.
I fell in love with this colour when I worked for a Volvo dealer that restored a D reg 123 GT in 1988.

On checking the site I have concluded 4 possible codes and am not sure how I can refine them into the colour I am looking for.

Its not very dark red, but is possibly a shade darker than a telephone box or a post box.

I think the choices are -

46 - RED (AMAZON 1962-70)
70 - RED (P1800)
103 - BURGUNDY / MAROON / WINE RED
117 - CARIBEAN RED / DARK RED

Cheers
Adh

mikegilbert
Sep 9th, 2003, 14:28
The colour you are looking for is almost certainly 46 Amazon Cherry Red. The P1800 red is a Jensen colour not a Volvo colour and the other two are later colours. If it was a red 123 you are thinking of (and it was in its original colour of course) then it will have been code 46. Mike Gilbert.