PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player for new S40

unclelonghair
Jan 6th, 2006, 22:07
I'm off to test drive an S40 T5 SE tomorrow, and know if I buy it I will miss the MP3 player I have in my current car. Does anyone know if there is an MP3 solution available for the stereo's fitted in the new S40/V50? I know the Phatbox is not compatible with these models. Is there any alternative to going down the iPod/iTrip route?

Thanks in advance.

dave-t
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:33
I'm off to test drive an S40 T5 SE tomorrow, and know if I buy it I will miss the MP3 player I have in my current car. Does anyone know if there is an MP3 solution available for the stereo's fitted in the new S40/V50? I know the Phatbox is not compatible with these models. Is there any alternative to going down the iPod/iTrip route?
Thanks in advance.

I am looking into this myself at the moment for my new S40 T5 SE. It seems that the answer is currently no, there is no way to do it at present.

BUT don't base your decision on buying the T5 purely based on MP3 capeability. It would be a great shame to walk away from a great car purley because it can't play MP3's.

Buy yourself a reel of CD's and Nero and compile your own audio CDs. The T5 has a 6 CD autochanger and there is plenty of room in the glovebox for a decent CD library box. Its better to have coppies of you valuable CDs instead of the originals in the car, just in case!

Enjoy the T5 and make sure you get a decent hour in it - I am sure you will love it

unclelonghair
Jan 7th, 2006, 21:01
Just got home after a 370 mile round trip :sleepy:

Drove it, loved it, and picking it up in two weeks :regular_smile:

Have to wait till my private reg has been transferred, hence the wait.

54 reg in Ruby Red Pearl with Quartz Beige leather. Fitted with premium audio, winter pack, sunroof and rear parking sensors. Done just under 2000 miles, so not even run in yet.
The dealer had also fitted the front lip spoiler from the Sport pack which finishes it off nicely.

Can't wait....

dave-t
Jan 7th, 2006, 22:03
Just got home after a 370 mile round trip :sleepy:
Drove it, loved it, and picking it up in two weeks :regular_smile:
Have to wait till my private reg has been transferred, hence the wait.
54 reg in Ruby Red Pearl with Quartz Beige leather. Fitted with premium audio, winter pack, sunroof and rear parking sensors. Done just under 2000 miles, so not even run in yet.
The dealer had also fitted the front lip spoiler from the Sport pack which finishes it off nicely.
Can't wait....

SNAP! apart from the sunroof exactly the same - but I got mine last night - I got the dealer to tax the car so I could take it away then did the trasfer of the private plate so I did not have to wait :)

According to my dealer there will be an MP3 adaptor for the iPod in March so we will see.

Going on the first major run on Sunday from South Cheshire to Nottingham - so BMW 3 series owners watch out, we are going to hunt you down.

Regards

Dave