PDA

View Full Version : S40/V50 "Sport" Steering Wheel

MarkE
Jan 9th, 2006, 20:46
THIS ONE (http://www.jimfishervolvo.com/images/models/v50/accessories/aluminum_steering_wheel.jpg)

Anyone had one fitted? Looks good but was it worth the extra?

MarkE
Apr 23rd, 2006, 15:54
OK, so I couldn't resist :

http://www.markeaston.org/v50/pix/new_wheel.jpg

Price is down quite a bit, possibly because this wheel is fitted to the new C70? Well happy, leather feels a lot nicer than the standard one and it's really nicely sculpted.

JamboV50
Feb 17th, 2007, 18:42
Hi,

Just purchased my V50, with black leather steering wheel and i want to fit the sports wheel like yours, How much are we talking here for the wheel?

Cheers

Jambo V50

MarkE
Feb 18th, 2007, 11:02
At the time, the wheel itself was £197 and the dealer charged £28 to fit it (prices excl. VAT)

JamboV50
Feb 18th, 2007, 17:10
Hi,

Thats not so bad is it? Looks the Dogs tho, i take it you pleased with it? Any idea if the price has dropped since the C30 has come out?

Cheers

JamboV50

robg
Feb 18th, 2007, 19:05
i bought one with my new V50 following advice from marke above. Cost me about £240 as i remember. Every time i drive the car i am pleased i got it, much nicer than the standard wheel, i was worried the alluminium insert would be abit too bling but it goes really well with the dash etc. Gets abit cold in the winter though!

Rob

MarkE
Feb 18th, 2007, 20:55
Hi,

Thats not so bad is it? Looks the Dogs tho, i take it you pleased with it? Any idea if the price has dropped since the C30 has come out?

Cheers

JamboV50

I love it - big difference from the standard one. Just feels "right" to me.

Price may well have come down recently - it dropped a chunk in price after the C70 came out, which was when I got mine.

MarkE
Feb 18th, 2007, 20:56
...i was worried the alluminium insert would be abit too bling but it goes really well with the dash etc. Gets abit cold in the winter though!

Rob

Cold in winter I can deal with - dangerously hot in summer is a lot worse...

humpy999
Feb 19th, 2007, 15:08
Where are the audio controls and the cruise controls? Surely you don't lose them if you spec the new steering wheel?

MarkE
Feb 19th, 2007, 20:13
My car never had them in the first place but if you have them then you don't lose them. The wheel centre and the pieces on the side are transferred from your old wheel.

humpy999
Mar 1st, 2007, 14:50
It's a really smart wheel. I like it a lot. My D5 gets delivered next week. I took a £145 hit on the steel cargo thing in the boot that masquerades as a dog guard but doesn't stop my little dog getting round it so might wait and save for the sports wheel...

JamboV50
Mar 6th, 2007, 11:46
Going to get myself one of these wheels, they look the dogs far better then the standard item, had a drive in my dads new 93 sports wagon at theweek end and his has brushed ally controls on the wheel wouldnt it be nice to have the same in ours? It would compliment the ally trim already in the wheel!!!
What do you all think?

tigerbalm
Mar 11th, 2007, 19:28
At the time, the wheel itself was £197 and the dealer charged £28 to fit it (prices excl. VAT)

Do you remember how long the dealer took to do the install?

MarkE
Mar 12th, 2007, 20:14
Do you remember how long the dealer took to do the install?

It was about 40 minutes between giving the tech the key and him bringing it back again.

euro3b
May 21st, 2007, 22:15
WOW thats a really nice sport steering wheel... I am impressed with it