PDA

View Full Version : New concept C30

putnam
Jan 10th, 2006, 14:02
A link to the website showing the concept c30 released at the Detroit motor show...http://www.volvocars.co.uk/_campaigns/C30/C30DesignConcept/default.htm

Wentworth Man
Jan 10th, 2006, 16:28
Poll?

Looks good - must get on the preview list

Bob
Jan 10th, 2006, 17:00
I really don't like some of the Flash presentations they do.

Bob

Alpha206
Jan 10th, 2006, 17:45
Hope the real thing doesn't look too dissimilar...
One gripe - they're talking about how some of its features are inspired by the 1800ES, and I agree the rear glass tailgate is pure 1800, but it's a pity they don't mention the 480ES (I used to own one so have a soft spot for the model:Banane44: )- those individual folding rear seats are definitely out of the Dutch car! - maybe it's because the US market wouldn't know what a 480 was?

5lab
Jan 10th, 2006, 19:00
i think its a bit more cinical than that.. the 480 is generally regarded as a bit of a naff car - its styling is quirky, it doesnt handle as well as its competitors, and its not *that* fast.. dont get me wrong, i love the 480, but the press doesnt..

the p1800 was, apparently, a bit crap (as coupes of the era went) as well.. however it has that nostalgic 60s cool that all manufacturers are cashing in on now.. so its a selling point

personally, i'm a little dissapointed they didnt use some more of the concepts 3 seat layout (the one done by the women?? with the wierd rear end).. cos i thought that was cool - i can see why they didnt, but i think its a shame.. i recon the final production version will be a bit more conservitive as well.. i think the gold skirts will go..

Alpha206
Jan 10th, 2006, 20:17
Wouldn't disagree with your comments on the 480...I was lucky enough to be lent an 1800ES for a day a couple of years back and was pleasantly surprised...trying to keep up with an 1800S on the M25 (which was moving that day!) and passing rather a lot of traffic in the process :Banane45:

Only problem was, having got back in the S60 I kept overcompensating on the steering for about a day after!:)

222s
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:49
the p1800 was, apparently, a bit crap (as coupes of the era went) as well.. however it has that nostalgic 60s cool that all manufacturers are cashing in on now.. so its a selling point

Not crap, just too expensive for what it was since iirc in the UK, they sold for Jag E-Type money, but it was cool at the time due to The Saint.