PDA

View Full Version : Who's good for servicing Amazons in Scotland

grahame
Oct 7th, 2003, 17:57
Hi

Similarly to Simon in London, I'm looking for any recommendations for giving my brand new (almost), shiny (almost) '68 Amazon:

a) a thorough service

b) some TLC around the body - definitely needs a couple of new arches and a spare wheel well, but I would love to have it stripped right and re-sprayed if I can find someone reliable to do it

I'm based in Edinburgh, but does anyone have any recommendations for good mechanics and/or body shops anywhere in central Scotland?

Also, on the off chance -- any spare locking fuel caps out there?

Grahame

scottishred1800
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:22
I'm in much the same position but with a p1800. I need to find out how much its going to cost or time its going to take to get my car right again. Depending on that I'm may even sell. So if any one can help in Edinburgh or East Lothian.

Simon Wright
Dec 30th, 2003, 08:01
Grahame

I am also based in Edinburgh, and although I have not had a Volvo for a couple of years, I used to use a guy called John Kennedy to service my elderly Volvo.

He is based in Kincardine, so is about 20 miles from Edinburgh, but I had no complaints about the work that he did. He restores Amazons as well, so has a fair bit of experience.

The number I have for him is 01259 731331.

Good luck.

Simon

grahame
Jan 13th, 2004, 13:24
Hi Simon

I have spoken to John, and planning to visit him on the weekend to let him prod his fingers into my rusty bits.

Thanks for the contact -- I haven't seen his name mentioned in any of the club contact lists, but he seems to be a real Amazon enthusiast, which bodes well.

Grahame