PDA

View Full Version : Are parking lights part off mot test ?

surrey_man
May 2nd, 2012, 22:36
Hi guys put car into mot today it passed (2nd time around just three silly things to sort so it was retested within 4 hrs)

One off the silly things it failed on was parking light not working on O/S but last time it went to same centre neither parkling lights were working and it passed

So are these part off the MOT ?? there running lights and as far as i know not part off it althou the idots there were trying to tell me there my diped beam :loser:

stevo48
May 2nd, 2012, 22:43
Parking lights (side lights) are part of the mot, your "running light" are usually your dipped beam headlamps unless your car is modified in some way. For mot purposes, if lights are fitted, even auxilliary lights they must work in order to pass the mot.
If your car passed a previous mot with no sidelights the tester must have not noticed that they were not working.

surrey_man
May 3rd, 2012, 15:36
Oh learn some thing every day thanks :)

Chris200
May 3rd, 2012, 19:47
For mot purposes, if lights are fitted, even auxilliary lights they must work in order to pass the mot.

Front fog or spotlights are not part of the mot and neither are reversing lights :lightbulb:

surrey_man
May 3rd, 2012, 22:35
Front fog or spotlights are not part of the mot and neither are reversing lights :lightbulb:

Oh I would off thought fog lights are

stevo48
May 4th, 2012, 01:06
Mot regulations site for anyone interested, http://www.ukmot.com/1-1.asp

Jim Haseltine
May 4th, 2012, 10:47
Oh I would off thought fog lights are

Front fogs aren't, rear ones are.

Chris200
May 4th, 2012, 18:18
Front fogs aren't, rear ones are.
Only one rear fog is required but it must be mounted centrally or to the offside of the vehicle , If a nearside foglight is also fitted it need not work for the mot