PDA

View Full Version : 480 Rear Fog lights

Cougar 27
Jun 24th, 2002, 08:38
I cannot get my 480 rear fog lights to work,
Fuse - O.K
Bulbs - O.K,
Connections O.K.

Even the light on the dash does not illuminate?

Any Ideas’?

Paul Clifton
Jun 28th, 2002, 21:27
check the relay.

paul.

P_Gilliat480
Jul 7th, 2002, 21:46
Couger, have you tried the switchon dash , mine was the same until i sprayed WD40 into the whole switch cluster .

paul.

Magyver
Jul 13th, 2002, 03:45
I know this will sound crazy but....are the units wired up?

Let me explain, I have a 480 and only one fog lamp was working. I unscrewed the cover checked the bulb, switch etc but no joy. Then I thought maybe its a loose connection on the lamp. LOOSE? The f#@king thing wasn't even there. Just the lamp complete with bulb and not atrace of cable, wire or any other means of powering the dam thing.
Worth checking on yours.

Just a thought

Cougar 27
Jul 15th, 2002, 09:06
Many Thanks everyone for the replies, still working on it
will let you know how I get on.

Currently trying to source a rear light cluster for my 480
Volvo want over £100 ! Arrhh.

migrator
Jul 15th, 2002, 20:49
Cougar,

I am not a 4-series person but here goes.

How are the fog lights powered? Is there a separate supply or is the supply taken - properly - from the dipped light circuit? If from the dipped light circuit you will need to have them on for the fogs to work (but you probably knew that anyway).

I am assuming that you have carried out a power supply check on the supply cable close to the light fitting.

Is the earth point for the rear clusters OK?

Volvo480
Aug 16th, 2002, 13:25
I have a 480 too. There is only meant to be one rear fog light, thats the one of the offside. The other is just a dummy on all 480's, because a single fog light is supposed to be less confusing for following drivers than twin fog lights. Im not sure about the safety aspect.

As for getting yours working again I dont know. Sorry.

Good luck

:7

Nionyn
Sep 26th, 2002, 01:23
I have a '90 480 1.7i on which both rear foglights work just fine.
I have recently bought a nice '94 480GT on which, as you suggest, only the offside unit is wired up.
Go figure...
Cheers,
Nionyn

Cougar 27
Sep 26th, 2002, 10:44
Many Thanks everyone for your reply's. I followed Paul's idea of spraying the fog light switch with WD40 and ' IT Worked ' I now have two rear fog lights working......