PDA

View Full Version : Who are people using for insurance?

popuptoaster
May 16th, 2012, 07:14
Its that time again and being used to running classic cars with fully comp insurance at 140 quid i'm struggling with quotes around the £650 area!

I only have 3 years no claims despite not actually hitting anyone or claiming anything for at least 10 years, I looked at Chris Knott in the deals section but it says he has a performance increase limit of 20bhp so no good for me.

Most places wont agree my 97' is a cherished car so i get stuck on normal insurance.

So who are you guys using for your modded 940s?

mrmeringo
May 16th, 2012, 07:18
"FootmanJames":thumbs_up: Depends what month 97 it is.

popuptoaster
May 16th, 2012, 07:43
unfortunately it was registered 23rd of December '97 so its not 15 untill the end of the year. lol

mrmeringo
May 16th, 2012, 07:59
Footman wont do it then:stormy:

y2blade
May 16th, 2012, 08:25
Admiral for my lot. :thumbs_up:

christheancient
May 16th, 2012, 09:21
Renewed my V70 Classic yesterday,

My previous insurance had quoted £450.34.

Phoned Peter Best (peterbestinsurance.co.uk) and I've renewed for £196.46!

OK, it's on a 'classic car' insurance with limited mileage (which I won't reach) and I'm not covered 3rd Party on other cars - but that wasn't a problem for me.

The help I got on the other end of the phone was great... they took their time and and discussed possibilities rather than just say 'Its £xxx, take it or leave it!'

Chesh740R
May 16th, 2012, 10:34
Im intriqued too, my renewal has come in for my Modified 1988 740 Turbo, i have it on a 2nd car policy which i have built up 3yrs NCB. My Main everyday car policy has 15yrs NCB

The 740 qualifies as a classic but due to the modifications places like footman james dont cover it.

My Modified car policy with Adrian Flux went up from 3 figures last year into 4 figures this year despite earning another years NCB.

I have it on a limited 5000mile policy and the policy will pay out for the modificiations done if a reciept is produced.

Ringing around i have managed to half the price, but it goes onto a classic policy where i dont accrue NCB and i dont trust the agreed value payout due to the expensive modifications i've done, i could see them just offering 500-1000 for the car if it was declared a total loss.

I'm considering getting an engineers report done, which will list all the modifications and there cost to replace, if the insurance company recives this at the time of taking out the policy do i have them by the balls if they try to weasle out of paying out should i need to make a claim???

popuptoaster
May 16th, 2012, 10:39
False alarm for me, because my last payment is due next month i thought it was running out, got 'till September. :)