PDA

View Full Version : 440 dog friendly?

benforgham
Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:07
Pretty simple question really. Laying my hands on a P reg 440 at the end of the month for a bargain price. Haven't seen the vehicle up close yet (don't worry, I'm buying it off my Dad)and was wondering if the small parcel shelf lifts out at the back to allow a dog guard to be fitted behind rear seats, and the dog (Jack Russell) to travel behind the guard in the boot. I'd like to let the dog in and out of the car via the boot to protect leather interior. Possible? I know sometimes speakers are fitted into the parcel shelf, but in theory is there enough room if I raise the dogs bed to nearly parcel shelf height?

Any help on this matter greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben.

Dan F
Sep 3rd, 2002, 13:13
Hi.

The parcel shelf does indeed lift out and Volvo themselves make a custom fit dog guard for the rear of the 440.

Unless your Dad fitted extra speakers himself then the standard ones are on little shelves at either side of the parcel shelf and do not come out with the shelf.

You should have no worries on whether this car is suitable for your Jack Russell.
The only problem I envisage is that you may find it hard to obatin the dog guard, but try several dealers and you should get lucky.

Cheers,
Dan.