PDA

View Full Version : ecotekplc performance/economy device

benforgham
Oct 23rd, 2002, 14:15
Dear All,

I'd be very interested to know your views on a device made by ecotek plc called a CB-26P which claims to enhance performance and increase fuel economy by disturbing the air in the inlet manifold to better suspend fuel particles or something. You can see it at www.ecotekplc.com It's £50ish and seems too good to be true. Probably is! Let me know what you reckon anyway

Cheers,

Ben.

scottishvolvo
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:42
Ben I know this is a bit late but I have just joined the forum. I have an ecotek fitted to my 460 1.8 and, yes, I feel it does what it says on the box. It took me about 10 mins to fit it and tune it but haven't had to touch it since. On the down side, my insurer was not going to renew my policy when I told them it had been fitted. The problem was that I fitted it myself. I had to get a letter from a garage to say they had inspected it and it had been fitted to their satisfaction. Hope this is not too late and it helps
Chris

Al115
Jan 13th, 2005, 18:45
And if you do want one, I've got one I'm not using that you can have for a song (took it off my previous car). Email me at voc@naiad.org.uk

Alastair
----------------------------
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopost/data/500/357v70-sig.jpg

johnw
Jan 17th, 2005, 17:08
I have one of these fitted to my 340 and indeed the fuel consumption improved by around 10% when I fitted it. Thats 20% on the fuel test but half of it was probably because I knew I was doing a fuel test, so I reckon about 10%.

Ergo: it pays for itself quite quickly.

On the performance side, I have not noticed any improvement in performance.

Insurers really don't like modifications, though! I also have a 240 estate with a 93hp (very slow) Nissan diesel engine in it and they charge me £350 to insure it!