PDA

View Full Version : 480 es Cabin water leaks.

Ginetta
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:47
Anyone had problems and solved them re water on both passenger and drivers side footwells. After rain the carpets are soaked.
Leaves in the windscreen base have been cleared and the new windscreen has been checked and re sealed.
Where else does the water get in?
H

exley
Nov 5th, 2002, 16:41
Sunroof, if you have one, also heater?
Good luck,
Quentin

mike s
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:15
Check the Air Con drain tube. I thought mine was leaks but it was that in high humidity situations-like rain, the condensed moisture had nowhere to go & ran into the front footwells.

Tim Stephenson
Nov 23rd, 2002, 16:38
There are also a couple of little rubber drains (one on each side) that drain the space in front of the windscreen into the engine compartment (near the relay box and by the hole/frame the cabin air filter and blower fan live in) These drains get blocked and water can then dribble into the cabin either under the relay box or through the fan hole) I had this on my 480 (now changed for an 850 T5, the cost of having a family....) and also on my wife's 440 turbo, which uses the same drain arrangement. A good prod out with a long screwdriver or similar sorts this... then there's just the soggy carpet to sort. good luck.

micksahippy
Nov 30th, 2002, 18:07
the passenger side leak on my 480 was caused by the wiring loom
where it enters the cabin

I sealed the leak with some spray guttering sealer, I leveled the car by parking it on the kerb and emptyed a half can on it and left it set, job done! fuse box on drivers side is the probable cause.