PDA

View Full Version : 440 turbo ABS

volvo360r
Jan 1st, 2003, 22:25
Anyone know anything about the ABS system on a 1989 440 turbo, you start car and the ABS light goes out, but after 4 seconds its back on, the brakes do work but lock up, the pump primes up and switches off when it gets to pressure, any ideas??

Dave M
Jan 2nd, 2003, 14:28
Sounds like the sensors either need cleaned or replaced. I would go for the sensor needing cleaned or gapped on installation. Some sensors, Audi for instance need gapped, BMW on the other hand can just be bolted on without gapping. Some also have a plastic cap that protects the sensor end , these wear creating the same effect, easy to replace and cost pence to buy.

One other thing, is the battery in good condition? Sounds strange, but believe me I've had this as well where the battery was on the way out and although the car could turn over and fire, there wasn't enough power to operate the ABS, namely because three of the cells in the battery had died!

Just some food for thought.... Turkey Sandwich anyone??:-)

Regards
Dave M

volvo360r
Jan 2nd, 2003, 21:59
many thanks for your time, ill check that, I'll past on the sandwich tho, ta

Mav_UK
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:13
Flaming Turkey Wings!
Gobble gobble

Dave M
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:14
So... THAT'S what you did on Xmas Day then Is It????

"Gobble, Gobble"

The mind Boggles!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure that our board administrator will allow this... So I won't ask!;)

Regards
Dave M

Mav_UK
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:48
Turkey's go Gobble, Gobble. The noise they make of course! And the Flaming Turkey Wings is a ref to the pizza advert from a few years back.

I don't know *what* you were thinking :+ .....

Dave M
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:43
I also thought that they "Clucked" Or is that another "Bird of a Feather"? the other question for you was

Were you "stuffing" the turkey, When it went "Gobble, Gobble"??
;-)

Regards
Dave M

Mav_UK
Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:15
This could get very bad..... :)

Anyhow, you are not supposed to 'stuff' turkeys anymore - apparently it can give you food poisoning...... x(

Stu

Dave M
Jan 3rd, 2003, 16:49
Yep! I could relate to that one..Does it matter though what end you're stuffing at the time? }(

Regards
Dave M