PDA

View Full Version : disconnecting seat belt unfastened flasher

benforgham
Mar 19th, 2003, 12:04
Hi, I'm doing a job at the minute that requires lots of hopping in and out of the car. Does anyone know which of the wires behind the Seat belt unfastened warning flasher I should disconnect to stop it flashing and clicking? Cheers. Ben.

karlos
Mar 20th, 2003, 09:32
Hi, why not take the passenger seatbelt buckle and stretch it over and insert it into the drivers buckle clasp?

Done it many times and it works a treat.

Cheers

Karl

levenax
Aug 23rd, 2003, 21:21
May I continue this thread? I have a wonky seat belt alarm both sides but mainly passenger and my wife is getting tired of holding the seat belt in a death grip to stop the incessant clicking. Can I disable the alarm without upsetting anything else? And what is the best way to do that?

Brian

Daniel M
Aug 29th, 2003, 19:10
Hi...

Im not sure which one it is, but there are two wires underneath the drivers seat-im positive one controls the heated seats, and the other does the seatbelt indicator. Just dis-connect one wire at a time until the flasher stops.

Dan

terrastudioswrk
Sep 25th, 2003, 11:32
not actually sure if the thing that makes the noise (and damn is it irratating!) is situated with the light on the dash - if so and your struggling to find which cable under the seat, why not try popping out the light on the dash and removing the cables to it and see if it goes away?

ntocied on the 480 ive been loaned atm that the seatbelt likes actually on the instrument panel and not on the central console like my 440 - looks a hell of a lot neater, me thinks maybe another cosmetic mod in the not to distant future!

George Holmer
Sep 25th, 2003, 11:41
No, it does not. The click comes from the indicator relay, which you could remove but then they would not flash... so just unplug the cable, dead easy, sits under the seat.

George

[link:www.ttsservices.co.uk/my%20volvos.htm|http://www.ttsservices.co.uk/My%20car.JPG]

'95 940 Polar LPT (B230FK/AW71; 130k)
'92 940 SE Turbo (B200FT/M46; 150k)
'87 740 GLE Turbo Diesel Intercooler (D24TIC/ZF22; 210k)