PDA

View Full Version : 480 ES screen washer problem-et

alfonzobonzo
Mar 19th, 2003, 19:20
Hi all, just bought a v480 es '94 and am well pleased although i cant seem to get the wind screen washers to work, ive even read to user manual, although only out of sheer desperation.

the light washer works when lamps are up but neither the front or rear washers do anything???

am i a complete idiot???

pull stick for front, push button for rear.

shurely both pumps cant be dead? wiring on stalk to both pumps faulty? all of the nozels blocked?.......

I notice that the washer pump motors are not specifically listed in the manual, but i assume they are on fuse 6. (wipers are working) fuse 6 not blown.

the haynes manual i just bought is next to useless, as it hardly contains any wiring diagrams for the 480 after 1992.

Please help ;o/

C6REW
Mar 20th, 2003, 20:36
Hi,

Have not investigated fully but when taking out the reservoir and bits on Sunday of our donor vehicle I noticed three water pumps. Maybe the three are for headlights, windscreen and rear window.

That said there will be a common wire with each pump having additional wire from the stalk.

If the common wire is broken/damaged in your case after going to the headlights that may be your problem. Just a thought not proven!

Regards

Chris