PDA

View Full Version : v480- ..... also..... drivers door.

alfonzobonzo
Mar 19th, 2003, 18:23
what is the best way to solv a slght sag in the drivers door?

should i just replace the hinge pins? there does appear to be a bit of play if i try to lift the door, or can the lock latch plate be adjusted, all i need is about 2 mm, as the lock just catches the latch as it is being closed, causing a loudish clunk as it try
ies to ride over,

cheers all

Dan F
Mar 20th, 2003, 09:59
Hi.

Get someone to hold up the end of the door (when fully open) whilst you tighten the grub screws on the hinges. These are always coming loose on 400 series cars, and regular checking will sort out the 'sag'. The catches can be adjusted but be careful as it can put the whole door out of alignment if you do it wrong.

Good luck,
Dan.

alfonzobonzo
Mar 20th, 2003, 10:23
wondered what they were for...

not supprising they sag realy, they must be about 1/4 cars weight.

cheers Dan.

Dan F
Mar 20th, 2003, 14:53
Try not to turn off the head of the grub screws it is very easily done.
It is amazing how many do not know you can tighten the hinges on a 400 series. I have rectified a lot of 'dropped' doors by adjusting these.

Cheers,
Dan.

alfonzobonzo
Mar 20th, 2003, 16:28
jees, just had another look at the screws, they'r well tight and require a flat head driver.... EEEEK, backed off for a bit till i find a driver that fits better,

look a bit frajile! like you say.

Any ideas about the washer pumps? will test them electrically on the weekend, dont fancy taking the dash to bits to look at the controll stalk though,

could it be a relay? in desperate need of wiring diagrams.

ARRGH