PDA

View Full Version : Clutch judder

leon
Mar 21st, 2003, 12:10
Our recently bought 440 GLT 2.0i has a judder through the clutch pedal when you lift your foot off the pedal, mainly at low speed. Anyone know whats wrong?

Also, how much does it cost to change:
The brake lines (at any non-Volvo garage),
The rear exhaust section (at any non-Volvo garage).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

markas
Mar 21st, 2003, 21:10
Hi ya,

I don't know on the later 400's but mine was adjustable. I had it replaced at what was called Lucas, national i think well it was about 200 or something like that quite some time back. I guess £300 notes at an independant as a guess.

The back box is not that expensive from the rip-it-off and bung it on companies. If you are keeping it think of installing a stainless.

Why are you worried about your brake lines ?

Mark.
ex 90 460gli 188k miles
94 850glt 190k miles

Daniel M
Mar 22nd, 2003, 17:14
Hi.
I cant really help you with the clutch judder or the brakelines, but i know my current 440 (2.0i) had an exhaust fitted from the cat back and including back box and labour, it cost the previous owner £140, that was a non-volvo garage too, back in sept. I have a Powerflow S/Steel backbox on my 440-it does make a nice beefy roar, but they are custom exhaust systems and you can have it as discreet and quiet as you like. The other advantage being S/steel, is that it comes with a lifetime garuntee-all for £140ish. If you are interested, check out their site at www.powerflow.uk.com and you can find your nearest dealer.

Dan.