PDA

View Full Version : More 480 ES Washers, Exhaust, Weird noise....

alfonzobonzo
Mar 24th, 2003, 13:58
I'm getting 12v from the wire loom for the washer pumps, so i guess that meens the pumps are shot, they dont appear to twitch when i put 12v accross 'em, but i havent checked yet to see if the nozels are blocked.

I lost both nuts that hold the cat onto the downpipe this morning on the M3/M25, now i'm close to being deaf!!!!!

luckily the springs and bolts seem to have survived the journey, so shouldnt be to bad. he he .

And then theres this strange noise, which kinda sound like the starter motor, (if you where to try to turn ignition whilst engine running typ noise) "chhhhhhkkkkkhhhhh"

whenever i star the car for the first time, then drive off, get into 2nd gear and hit about 25mph "chhhhhhhkkkkkhhhhhh"

Noise last about 1/2 second/ not very loud, any ideas????

+++++++ my rev counter only works when it feels like it???

Still, i love the car, its awsome.

Alfonzo bOnzo :o)

ChrisB
Mar 24th, 2003, 15:35
The noise is the ABS doing a self test. I forget the speed but its something like 21mph exactly.

alfonzobonzo
Mar 24th, 2003, 16:18
chris,, ABS

Thank god for that!! that has cheered me up no end, this car just gets more and more interesting,

NOTE, last car Citroen AX GT, sadly put into farmers gate at high speed, so forgive over exuberence. :)

ChrisB
Mar 24th, 2003, 21:45
It is quite impressive the things you find out about volvo's when you own them. Just the little things like drivers door lock light, electric water pump on the turbo's to make it live longer, the little map lights in the back etc etc.

Even the old volvo's are in a different league to the rest of the 'normal' cars.

Peter Milnes
Mar 24th, 2003, 23:00
Make sure that you have a good earth for the washer pumps. This will also make the pumps non-operating.

All the best, Peter

C6REW
Mar 24th, 2003, 23:38
Hi Alfonzo,

I mentioned on your previous message about a common wire. Whilst you have the 12V the common appears to be your problem.

If it turns out to be the pump why don't you come to our 480 meet in Devizes on 19th April I am organising (see 480 club europe for details) If you still need bits I have them all from donor vehicle.

Chris

alfonzobonzo
Mar 25th, 2003, 08:56
thanks all,

i measured the 12v by sticking the multi meter probes into the end of the plug, not between the the + and bodywork,, so I think that must meen that the common is ok?

Any Ideas about the taco??????

at this rate i'll have a decent list of requiements by the 19th....