PDA

View Full Version : V480 ES 2.0,,,, me again

alfonzobonzo
Mar 25th, 2003, 19:15
whilst staring at the engine the other day, i noticed that a thin green wire had broken away from its tab (attached to the alternator) so i resoldered the tag back to the wire.

Dont know what i fixed but i did afix it anyway.

whilst doing this i noticed that ther was also a thin yellow wire which was also not attached to anything?? but actually taped back onto the loom as though just to keep it out of the way.

Could someone have a look under there bonnet to see where this yellow wire is supposed to go / what its for? cheers all.

just out of interest, anyone know what the green one is for aswell? i assume overcharge warning light or something.

:-\

bl**dy haynes manual is the most useless version i have ever owned.

Steve Hogg
Mar 25th, 2003, 19:49
Don't lose hope, when you get all the gremlins out you will really enjoy the car. I do agree with you regarding the haynes manual, it's about as much use as a ...............!!!
I will look under my bonnet tomorrow to see where the wires go.

Steve

480ES
480Turbo
760GLE Estate

Steve Hogg
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:42
I looked under the bonnet of both my 480's today. No sign of a green wire anywhere near the alternator. The only wires to the alternator are the thick brown one (main feed) and the brown/yellow one (trigger wire). The only yellow wire is one which goes to the oil pressure sender unit. Not much help really.

Regards

Steve

alfonzobonzo
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:31
ah, i'll re-check my colours when i get it back. Do'nt sound the same though does it.

Thanks for looking anyway

jimforrest
Mar 30th, 2003, 14:31
Hi,
Just looked under the bonnet of my 1993 2L 480SE : There is a thin red wire attached to the alternator (plus the other thick ones) but no green wire at all! The red one is at about 10 o'clock looking from the rear end. I also have a yellow wire tied back to the loom but not connected to anything. Jim.

alfonzobonzo
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:09
Cheers, must be "normal" then,

thanks all.