PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser Problem - URGENT PLEASE REPLY

Craig Adamson
Mar 29th, 2003, 17:58
I seem to have a problem with the immobiliser on my 1995 440 si. The car had trouble starting early this evening (engine didnt seem to have enough power to turn-over) anyway the car eventually started. I went to lock the car and noticed that neither of the remote controls to lock the doors are working and when I try to start the car the immobiliser light comes on and therefore the immobiliser is active and the car wont start. Does anyone please have any ideas of what to check and where to start looking for the problem. Thankyou.
If its any help my car was fine before I washed it this afternoon.
Craig Adamson

ChrisB
Mar 29th, 2003, 21:15
I don't have the volvo alarm/imobiliser so i'm not certain. But with most other cars if the battery goes flat (or low enough voltage when you were trying to start it) you have to reprogram the alarm. The owners manual should say what to do.

Craig Adamson
Mar 29th, 2003, 22:00
My volvo does not have an alarm, just an immobiliser. It is the one with the two button fob key (lock and unlock). I am going to try replacing the batteries in my fob key. Another question is the immobiliser supposed to be disarmed if I physically use the key to open the door instead of using the unlock button on the fob key because it doesnt, it just remains activated...this is why I cant move my car until I can find a fix for it

ChrisB
Mar 29th, 2003, 23:09
No, all the factory imobilisers I know of need to be disarmed with the fob if they were armed with the fob.

Craig Adamson
Mar 30th, 2003, 11:10
Ok.thanks for your help Chris. I have ruled out any fob key battery problems and I am beginning to suspect that the fob keys have some how been unprogrammed. Does anyone know how to reprogram the fobs?

Craig Adamson
Mar 30th, 2003, 11:56
Ok sorry forget about that question about reprgramming the fob because the car has finally started. It seemed to be a bad connection to the battery in the fob keys. But now I have another problem. The immobiliser status LED is constantly flashing as soon as I put the ignition on a nd remains in this state until I turned the engine off again. This is distracting me when I am driving. Does someone know whats making this happen?